Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope your ex has more brains than my ex. I tried to be sympathetic and nice to my ex and his g/f this past fall. Total waste of my time. Had a conversation with him the other day, pleading for him to please have his lawyer quit writing to my lawyer, but it was futile. He told me he still hoped for me to be a bag lady and homeless. His girlfriend was laughing her head off in the background. He says his lawyer works for free. (you believe that one?). Oh, he also told me he's getting married in a few weeks and invited me to the wedding. He was dead serious and even said that I could bring some of my friends.

Sorry for ranting. I try to be nice and thought that if I was nice maybe my son and my ex could get together sometime. I know now that I have to leave it alone and move on.

Hope you can get through your legal process with little drama. While I got my divorce in 9 months, the idiot takes me to court continually. This is the problem when the ex has money and you don't. Keep that in mind. I wish you a stress free winter.

Comment

Thanks Berner and Arabian and of course Caranna

Funny Arabian and Caranna my ex is just vicious too i can't even relate to him anymore it's funny when he left he told me he wanted me to be living in the gutter on the streets somewhere!!

it's crazy they behave in this way.
      The thing I will never understand is that mine chose his path he chose to leave his wife and children!!! I never cheated on him I supported his career and thought we would be moving out west together never saw this coming now his girlfriend is a fatty and older than him and she has 6 or 7 kids who knows who cares but why hate on me???!!!

Comment

My simple answer would be that I believe it is simply because you/I represent their conscience and they can't escape it like they thought they could.

Comment

Yes. I'm sure it is although now that I see his true colours I have a hard time believing he even has a conscience!

thanks again for all your help and advice everyone I will continue to preserve!
          I will update you all when I have more

But you guys already knew that!!! Hahaha

Comment

k so my lawyer told me to find an alberta lawyer and file here

stbx is playing stupid as he is not aknowledging that we have moved or contacted or asked us where we are.

when he does get the children his reaction will be to keep our kids, or beat the daylights out of me or both.

what do i do?

get a notorized letter with him to promise to return the children or? christmas is only weeks away i doubt i will get a new lawyer this fast and i do not qualify for legal aid.

i don't want to be seen as alienating him how do i do this he has only seen his children for 6 days in 2012. thanks

Comment

Tell Dad you have a trip planned (give dates) and will gladly let him have access shortly after you return home.

In the meantime, find a lawyer or go talk to duty counsel for some free advice.

Comment

Get a lawyer - that should be your top priority now. Do it now - don't wait till January.

Who cares if he thinks you are alienating him from his children?
                Does he care about providing support?
                Don't contact him unless it's through your lawyer.

Comment

Ringetteplayer, I'm so sorry that you're having such a hellish time. I'm also sorry that I cannot help you right now, but surely others with knowledge of your particular problem will be able to give you advice.
                  Stay strong.

Comment

ok...didn't see the good advice from firhill and arabian. Been very busy lately.

Yes, get a good lawyer ASAP. They get extra busy after Christmas and New Year's.

Comment

hi

hi thanks im exhausting myself trying to get in with a lawyer asap!! thanks arabian you are right so what if he doesnt like it i have to protect my kids first.

thanks firhill and caranna fingers crossed i can get a lawyer

everyday i keep realizing how much i jump when he rings the bell(emails me)

Comment

update

Sooo my ex has been emailing me for the kids on christmas holidays he wanted them for the whole duration or one week. He hasn't seen them in 6 months. I offered him 4 days. He refused. He told me No and that I am not being reasonable..... I am shocked shocked shocked

chime in anyone I am lost

Comment

He is being a bully.Ignore him.Get a lawyer.Had a similar demand which was met with a two day offer.He is being an ass,but you were married to this guy.You know how he operates.Don't take it personally and please dont be intimidated by his threat of parental alienation .Every two bit scumbag lawyer is using that "alienation"as a way for abusers to gain custody of their kids.At this point it is being overused by so many abusers as to take away from real cases.You have not been denying contact or access.

Be strong, be fair and be prudent.Above all enjoy the holidays

Comment

thanks

Thanks. it's true his tyoe never changes their stripes! I was shocked I honestly thought he would of jumped at the 4 days I would of thought anytime is better than no time. I offered Christmas Day as well that wasn't good enough.

I feel for my kids as they think their dad is going to surprise them on Christmas Day. My optimistic little bees!! Again its just another mess I will be mopping up because of him. He has little regard for the children's interest only his own at least that is my opinion. And yes I was married to him and now that I am separated I see all the bully tactics. Regardless of the games our children are feeling it he reaps what he sews i guess. It's all about hurting me and spiting me.

i don;t know what he gains out of behaving like this i guess only he knows

Comment

Ignore him. I suspect he is just playing another game with you. If he was serious about wanting to see the kids you would have been contacted by a lawyer by now. Don't waste your time with this loser.

Comment

thanks

haha thanks arabian. I suspected too that he was just playing some sort of a game, he expected a no and got a yes and didn;t like my answer.

I did manage to get a lawyer and she seems pretty feisty. keep you all posted

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X