Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"In proportion to income" for section 7 and extra ordinary expenses? AND field trips

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "In proportion to income" for section 7 and extra ordinary expenses? AND field trips

Another question for you all, now our tax returns are in and she is claiming that she only has to use line 150 to get her "income" in order to get our percentanges for extra ordinary expenses. I was under the impression she had to also add her tax benefits - GST quarterly, CTB ($334 month...), and UCC to her T4, and then we would get percentage:
    So, therefore: T4 from her employment + CTB + GST +UCC , that total amount would be used in the formual for CP + NCP total income, divided by CP X 100%?
    Also, she sends me receips for kids field trips for $20 etc, looking for my portion - are primary field trips part of section 7?? Isnt it covered in CS? I feel like I am being nickled and dimed, even sent me a receipt for the $4 bus ride to go on the field trip!
    Also, how do you determine NET daycare to divide? Can I start writing my cheques directly to daycare this year? I heard there was a "tax change" that allows this even if my children aren't claimed as my "dependants".thanks to all in advance!

Well -- Judges are moving towards adding other income to line 150 for the recipient parent which payor's appreciate.
    My self-employed (when it suits him) ex takes all sorts of deductions from his income to lower 1. 150 and decrease income tax, yet he won't add back all those tax reducing loopholes to more accurately determine his income for purposes of child support and S.7 expenses.
    Reimbursements can't be considered income -- it's helping to offset the money that has already been spent in sales tax. Being reimbursed isn't income. CTB and UCC can be included as her income certainly.
    Lower priced school trips are part of regular child support. I only seek help from the ex when it goes over $500 (once).
    Don't know about the Net Daycare question though.

Comment

The field trips and bus trips are covered by CS. If you pay her for them, you are paying twice.

CS covers all non medical normal expenses. Sending a kid on a school trip for $20 is normal. Your ex has the wrong attitude.

Comment

she is claiming that she only has to use line 150 to get her "income" in order to get our percentanges for extra ordinary expenses.
        Unless otherwise specified, that is the defacto norm yes.

add her tax benefits - GST quarterly, CTB ($334 month...), and UCC to her T4, and then we would get percentage:
        Nope. CCTB is supposed to go to the children directly, so it is not HER money. UCCB is supposed to help cover childcare, so it doesn't get added to her income BUT it should be applied to childcare expenses before the proportional split occurs.

Also, she sends me receips for kids field trips for $20 etc, looking for my portion - are primary field trips part of section 7?? Isnt it covered in CS? I feel like I am being nickled and dimed, even sent me a receipt for the $4 bus ride to go on the field trip!
        Covered by CS as billm has told you. If it was an end of the year trip to Europe for the graduating high school class or something....OR some big event because they won some provincial competition...THAT could be considered an extraordinary expense...common little things like back to school supplies, winter clothes, school lunches, school outings, etc are all covered by CS.

Can I start writing my cheques directly to daycare this year?
        Should be able to...at least that way, even though I don't believe YOU can use the deduction, your ex doesn't get it either.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X