No announcement yet.

Step parents and permission forms / signing authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I have stated "Pursuing", in this particular case the new partner is a bad dude. Physical assault to me at one of my kids' activities.
    Sorry to hear. I have a new partner and although he could beat the snot out of my ex...he would never do any such thing, nor would I be with him if he did...so you have my sympathies.

My comments were general...not specific to you.

Comment

I LOVE NBDAD's response and he is right on the ball with the following comments:

Here's how this will play out:

1. You'll bitch at the school, they'll inquire with your ex.

2. Your ex will send the school an email, or write them a letter for the kids file "I hereby give permission for %mynewspouse% to sign for permissions slips/letters/etc for things that fall on my parenting time"

3. School's policy is now happy, YOU get branded as a nitpicking control freak,AND the school is now pissed at YOU, because you made a big deal out of nothing AND made them do extra paperwork.

4. YOUR EX is now irritated with you, and can/will leverage this as an example of how the two of you cannot effectively coparent. When he has sufficient examples, expect a court motion to remove YOUR decision making ability and authority.

Pick your battles. This one....isn't worth fighting over. It's very very minor in the scheme of things.

And there is a ton of interesting information in here. While there may be some stuff in the thread the OP doesn't like, he/she is free to not post and/or read what is written.

Really, this is what it is all about - picking through the comments form posters AND your ex, and trying to always put your best foot forward. It is hard sometimes, but it is also called "the real world".

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        We don't delete threads because the OP didn't like the responses they received.

We delete threads for the following reasons:

- Spam
        - Offensive or threats
        - Containing identifying information which may pose a danger to the poster

In general, threads are not deleted at the request of the OP without a very good reason as they tend to provide information and feedback to other users.
        I agree with Blink.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X