Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your child fell out of a tree, from 6ft up, then there should be an investigation from CAS, especially if they were involved before.
    I don't know ANY parent who would let a 3 year old climb a tree that high, let alone one who would not be ready and able to catch him if they did slip.

THIS is a valid concern, and if the hospital ER is not investigating, a follow-up with your child's doctor is your best bet.

Comment

As hard has it is to imagine why a 3 year old would be 6ft up, we all know kids move fast. For example, when we had my bf's kids last they were all playing in an arcade (where he works), I turned in listen to what his S6 was saying and when I looked back D3 was on top of a video game! That was about 5ft off the ground.

The same day, my bf and I left for about 15 min to run to the store. Family friends agreed to watch the 2 children while we ran to the store, as they had their 2 children there as well. When we returned D3 was crying and had ice on her head...apparently her brother pushed her down and she went head first into the wall... 3 adults saw this happen and they were all in the same room.

I don't agree with a 3 year old being in a tree, however accidents do happen, even when we are paying very close attention to them. Like others have said... continue to document the incidents and if it is something to be concerned about, take them to see a doctor.

In our case, the kids were just fine after these mishaps...D3 was left with a bump and S6 was left sitting in time out for a while. We of course told their mother about what had happened. Open communication is something you want to encourage. Even though she may not want to tell you how it happened (as it may make her look bad), she did call you to let you know to meet her at the hospital. Baby steps are often the way to go.

Comment

...just as a side note.... growing up I was the tomboy that fell out of more trees than I could count... If there was a remote possibility of climbing something, I was at it..... and according to my mom, I started climbing anything and everything about the same time I could walk....... so for a three y/o to fall from a six foot branch is not too much of a stretch of the imagination.... and kids can get up something and fall before the parent can even blink an eye!! ((said from experience))

bravo that she called you and you were able to all attend to the child's care together.....

((hugs)) best wishes!

Comment

Seriously? Kids play. They climb trees, hills, rock piles, play structures, monkey bars and anything else they can. They ride bikes, skateboards, scooters, wagons and anything else with wheels. And good on the parents for letting them - raining or not. So many kids sit indoors being babysat by TV and video games.

A CAS investigation because a child did what kids are supposed to do - what we all did before the infiltration of electronics took over our lives? Ridiculous. Let the kid be a kid and don't blow things out of proportion. Most kids' slides are higher than 6 feet off the ground and people are calling CAS over it. This isn't a case of negligence or bad parenting, it's a kid being a kid!

Sorry, I just don't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
            Seriously? Kids play. They climb trees, hills, rock piles, play structures, monkey bars and anything else they can. They ride bikes, skateboards, scooters, wagons and anything else with wheels. And good on the parents for letting them - raining or not. So many kids sit indoors being babysat by TV and video games.

A CAS investigation because a child did what kids are supposed to do - what we all did before the infiltration of electronics took over our lives? Ridiculous. Let the kid be a kid and don't blow things out of proportion. Most kids' slides are higher than 6 feet off the ground and people are calling CAS over it. This isn't a case of negligence or bad parenting, it's a kid being a kid!

Sorry, I just don't agree.
            STBX is that you? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by onlybeginning View Post
              STBX is that you? Lol
              If it is, then you have more than one STBX.

I fully agree with Blink.
              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Agreed. Kids need to play physical and learn to love it to grow up healthy.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X