Small Claims (non Family Law related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Claims (non Family Law related)

Anyone ever have to file a financial order with the small claims court for garnishment? Its non family law related. Pertains to a rental property. I have an order for payment from another legal entity and am told I file it with small claims. I have all the instruction brochures but theyre confusing. Any others who have muddled through and are willing to share tips, feel free please! Thank you so much!

A few years back my apartment was bought by someone else and they raised my rent by over 40%. I went to the tribunal and won my case. I went right to the court house and filed the papers. They were very helpful at the desk. I can't remember enough of the details to give you any tips. I do remember though that I filed some paperwork to get the court order, and then we all realized that the paperwork from the tribunal already was a court order. It was just an extra step that I didn't really need to take.

Comment

Yep i was told the eviction order is what I need. I read the brochure on how to use the SC court but was a little confused. Im hopeful the people are helpful. Looking forward to the end of this four month nightmare!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X