This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally lost

I am sort of at a loss for words at the moment. I was unfortunate to loose my job back in February and was making a good income had a nice place to live but had to give it all up. I totally agree I need to pay for my children but am having difficulty supporting myself at the moment.

My EI cheque has been garninshed 50% which I knew would happen but today to my surprise I find out that my bank account has been garnished and my drivers license has been suspended. I have no money at all. Luckily a friend is currently letting me stay on his couch but how am I supposed to get to interviews? What if I get a job that requires a drivers licence?

I am so lost right now. I have creditors after me for money, no place live, cant afford food. What is really wrong with the system? Is this really legal what is happening here? How is a person supposed to be able to pay support when FRO are disabling all vessles of being able to get a job i.e public transport, driving etc.

I would really appreciate any advise that anyone can give as I am getting no where. I went to a duty counciller today and they were useless and just told me about forms to fill out. The funny thing is I cant even get to the court to fill out the forms as it is in Oshawa and I am in Toronto.

Help!!

Family Law Rules Forms — Ontario Court Services

here is the link to those forms online...and perhaps some of the procedures you are looking for to make adjustments to your child support based on your change in situation.

Sorry to hear of your situation...

Comment

I went throuh the same thing slept on many of my friends couchs and they garnised my unemplyment to I couldnt even eat! Due to a court dismissal order she now owes me, FRO couldnt care less about my financial situation they told me to take it court, that is the only way to do it FRO wont give a crap I had to resort to welfare for a few months which they cannot garnish I now have a job and a place.. things will get better.. Good luck to you I wish you all the best

Comment

That is an absolutely horrible situation to be in no doubt. I am not a fan of FRO in any way but......they are very clear that a payor must apply through court for a revised order to lower payments, so therefore it is up to us (payors) to seek relief through court order rather than expect FRO to come to the table, because they will only go forward by every means you described. Have you started the process yet?

Comment

as soon as you lost your job, you should've filed for a variation order...also the FRO will send a notification for bank account and drivers lcense suspension which you could've but a motion to them to not do that, if you had filed a motion to vary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X