No announcement yet.

Jg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Links .. I thought you were asking for trouble when you started this thread. You called this one correctly.

Comment

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Whoso- ever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then [let him change it] with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart — and that is the weakest

The feminists (yes - the feminists) as a lobby group would like to see the erosion of due process completely destroying basic foundations of justice.

Anecdotally, women are often handled initial victories in the interim but when a full analysis is done the judgement is different. In this case JG was destroy pre-trial however once a fair process is conducted the accusers are exposed for the lying trash they were.

The feminists try to leverage this as proof that victims can't get justice and they are doing a disservice to women everywhere because the lesson should be:
      If you are asking for a person to be deprived of their liberty on the basis of your testimony (for whatever reason) then.
      1. Be fully truthful
      2. Don't hold back any potentially relevant information.

I realized the feminist movement isn't actually there for women individually.

They are actually there for the subjugation of men or the primacy of women as a "class". If they were here for women they would have said, - Learn from this examplle -

"Look you can't say a guy raped you (10 years later mind you) and then have PURSUED him and pester him for further relations" that implies what happened was consensual or that it was so ambiguous that you put him in an impossible situation. Even though that won't make your claims dismissed you have to understand a neutral 3rd party is going to have a hard time understanding you. Also don't continuously lie. Also if you are assaulted press charges right away because even if you are a moron like the 3 x JG claimants you will still get your day in court."

Terrible.
      Last edited by Links17; 03-26-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
        The feminists (yes - the feminists) as a lobby group would like to see the erosion of due process completely destroying basic foundations of justice.
        I'm pretty sure feminists think due process and the basic foundations of justice are doing okay. What feminists want is for men to stop sexually assaulting women. It only intersects with the justice system because, in general, it's difficult to punish them for doing so, so where is the incentive to stop?

Gomeshi still has another trial ahead of him. Perhaps that witness will be more credible. But honestly, what do people expect after ten years?

I don't care which way the verdict goes, to be honest. What I do know is that there are not likely many women left in Canada who would date him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
          I'm pretty sure feminists think due process and the basic foundations of justice are doing okay. What feminists want is for men to stop sexually assaulting women. It only intersects with the justice system because, in general, it's difficult to punish them for doing so, so where is the incentive to stop?

A significant subset of feminists think the process of being cross-examined in court is not necessary and to traumatic and the "survivors" should be believed. There is a #Ibelievesurvivors hash tag which to me means that no matter what - I believe the survivors....

I just watched this:
          Sex, Assault & Consent: What do men think? - CBC News | The National

The whole time the implication was that JG and cosby were guilty... the reporter had to mention it explicitly.

Nobody mentioned that "Hey people shouldn't lie to police, judges, the media and collude with others to get somebody thrown in jail".

All this has much less to do with feminism and much more to do with basic justice and honesty.

Comment

Marie Henein, Jian Ghomeshi's lawyer, denies she has betrayed women - CBC News - Latest Canada, World, Entertainment and Business News
            another example of how the feminists oppose due process.

Comment

?

There's nothing in this story about feminists opposing due process.

As a card-carrying feminist, I am a huge fan of due process. Without it, Ghomeshi would never have been charged and his activities would never have been exposed to scrutiny. I'm disappointed but not surprised by the verdict - given the burden of proof in criminal cases, I can't see how the judge could have ruled any other way.

Generalizations about "all feminists" are about as accurate as generalizations about "all men".

Comment

There's nothing in this story about feminists opposing due process.
                2+2 = 4, is it the MRA activists claiming she betrayed women? Its obviously card carrying feminists.

given the burden of proof in criminal
                NO, just NO - this is another lie feminists tell themselves - the case wasn't even close.

Even if this was a civil case they would have lost. You can't go to court having lied all the way through and colluding with others and expect to win.

Comment

In a case where the allegations were a decade old and there was no evidence except the recollections of the parties, it's not a good sign that all your witnesses lie and omit relevant facts.

The case never should have went to trial.

Comment

The case never should have went to trial.
                    It is ok - the complainants paid for it out of their own pockets.

Comment

Did they? Since is is a criminal trial, it's the Crown who is prosecuting. What do Crown witnesses have to pay?

Comment

I believe Links was being sarcastic?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X