Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the BEST part of divorce to you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KeepSmiling View Post
    I was wondering what the punishment is for an illegal left? failure to yield? following too closely?
    You forgot "wrong way down (up?) a One-Way Street"

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary M View Post
      You forgot "wrong way down (up?) a One-Way Street"

Cheers!

Gary
      OR an illegal U TURN?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
        GaryM:

Lol..sorry if I hit a nerve..but you're wrong. Sex for some self absorbed people is all about them...very unenjoyable and unsatisfying. He was constantly all about his needs and never met mine. That's why sex sucked so very much during marriage...why I avoided having it like the plague even when he begged and had fits when I said no...and one of the many reasons I got divorced. I also know I'm hardly the only woman or man that has experienced the same in marriage.

Since I actually met a guy that prioritizes me before himself and takes care of me...its a new world. Love is truly a many splendored thing.
        Nope, no nerve hit: I've never had bad sex in my life. Some was just good and some was mindblowingly mindblowing, and most was somewhere in-between. But it was never, ever bad.

So, was sex with your ex always unenjoyable and unsatisfying? Always? Did he never meet your needs? Never?

If so, why did you marry him?

If not, well, I hope your new guy doesn't mind trimming dried poop off your dog's ass some time down the road

Cheers!

Gary
        Last edited by Gary M; 07-28-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Gary: I was 19...came from a broken, difficult home life and was trying to find an escape route. He seemed to want stability like I did and he seemed like a nice guy at the time. Sex wasn't a priority.

Later came university, kids, careers, mortgages, bigger mortgages, his parent's deaths, my mom's cancer...we were just very busy for a long time. So by the time the kids got older and I realized how incompatible we really were...it was way too late. I tried ...at the very end, he tried....but he's a different person than I am...very introverted...very self oriented and controlling (partially because of his culture). And I had matured, become independent, and started wanting a real partnership. I would see older people holding hands and I'd feel touched and extremely envious at the same time.

Its hard to have sex with someone that you don't speak more than 2 sentences to in a week. We slept in separate bedrooms for the last 12 years of our marriage. He actually told me during a fight we had once about me not sleeping with him that "it was my duty to have sex with my husband whether or not I enjoyed it." He just believed that you stayed married whether or not you are happy. He still believes that.

Basically we should have never gotten married...chalk it up to the foolishness of youth.

Comment

• When we started talking about a divorce, I pictured myself being alone and it frightened me as I have never lived alone my whole life, after we split I moved into a bachelor apartment at the back of a house that didn't require a lot of furniture and soon discovered I love living alone ( I was 58 years old at that time )
            I soon got my little apartment the way I like it and really started to enjoy life, like going to the movies once a week, or eating out when I wanted, cooking what I like, and doing my own thing.
            I never knew before how this freedom set me free in more ways than I could ever have imagined, no more fighting over stupid things, no more listening to nagging or belittling, no more trying to get on her good side which at times I couldn't find, and now when she runs me down behind my back "I couldn't give a crap" as I now live about 150 miles away and I won't see her friends any more.
            I really don't think divorcing people should be afraid of being alone because you can be yourself and there are so many sites on the Internet offering any type of relationship you want - one nighters, pen pals, traveling companions, dating companions, just friends serious relationships etc.
            So for the past 5 years I have had a great time ( I've been married twice ) being single again and marriage couldn't be farther from my mind.

Comment

• All of you please don't get in a relationship again there is way to many "me", "myself" and "I", in your lives.

Comment

• Financial Woos:

What does that mean? I am hoping that I am taking your reply out of context.

Many here, including "myself," have given our hearts and souls to our families, putting "them", "they" and the applicable "you" far in front of themselves. Often, it is only after many of us were totally screwed by the divorce legal system, that we finally chose to put some of our interests first.

I gave everything to my family as well. Got screwed, recovered and am now in a wonderful relationship with a new partner that includes the full and permanent custody of my children. And now, as I did before, I put "me", "myself" and "I" last to the betterment of my new blended family.

Again, I hope I just misinterpreted your post.

Thanks.

Ken

Originally posted by financial woos View Post
                All of you please don't get in a relationship again there is way to many "me", "myself" and "I", in your lives.

Comment

• Financial Woos, even people in committed relationships need to consider the me, myself and I. If they aren't happy the first place to look is yourself, not the other person.

It is very possible to be in a good relationship without neglecting yourself.

Comment

• Definitely a clean house! It is just the way I left it. Financial decisions. No worries about coming home to find that he made another big purchase with no discussion with me. Eating what I want when I want. Having my dog allowed all over the house!!!!!!

Comment

• Definitely a clean house! It is just the way I left it. Financial decisions. No worries about coming home to find that he made another big purchase with no discussion with me. Eating what I want when I want. Having my dog allowed all over the house!!!!!!

Comment

• Just being plain happy with no added stress.
                        Being the person you truly are instead of
                        A person you are not dictated by the environment
                        You once lived. Your whole demeanor changes
                        for the better. No more negativity. A breath
                        Of fresh air. I can go on and on!

Comment

• this is so true Baffled_Dad I couldn't have said it better

Comment

• Oh I love this post.

ok where to start ....

-Clean House

-No kitchen full of beer cans and dirty dishes

-No overbearing mother in law popping up unexpected 4 times a week

-Don;t have someone contantly bringing me down

-No stressing about where he is and why he didn't come home

OH there is soooooo much more

Comment

• Clean house !!! no peeing on the toilet seat

Ability to move ahead when I want

No more having to hear "I put a load in the washer for you" " I put a load in the dryer for you"....oh thank you ..grrrrrrrrr. I worked all day for 8 hours in the hospital and he puts a load in the washer "for me" yahh ok buddy.

No more having to see him always looking like a bum...and dressing like one.

No more having him not speak to me for ages if we got into an argument

No more having to ask him "lets talk about it" and he replies there's nothing
                              to talk about...even worse pretending he didn't hear me and continues to watch TV

No more Mother-in-Law saying poor "Andy" (he's an only child), meanwhile she has beauitiful grandchildren she doesn't give a rats ass about. If he's mad at the kids...so is she!!

No mre listening to him "bitch" if I want the grandchildren to spend the night.

OMG!!! LIFE IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD ...HUGS TO EVERYONE !!!!

Comment

• For me its one word. FREEDOM!!
                                I am now in control of my life, instead of my exhusband controlling everything I do

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X