After school issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After school issue

Am I allowed to register kids in after school program? Kids arein school with my ex school board. She is working part time and is able to pickup kids at 3pm every day. I pick up kids 2 days out of 5. Recently I change mywork and am not able to pick up them at 3pm but 5 pm. So my kids are now withtheir mom for 2 hour and I pick up them after work. I prefer to put them inafter school, but she is saying she could take care of them herself and her newpartner could look after them as well. Any suggestion? We are now under 45/55 and I have a feeling that she would count those hours for over 60%

thh1 do you mean after school daycare? Where I live after school daycare spots are hard to come by and have long wait lists. There are no part-time spots available, so if you want part-time you have to find another parent to split a full-time spot with you. Hopefully this isnt the case where you live.

Comment

Most School's have an After School Program, My daughter loved it/viewed it as an extra curricular activity.

Do you have a Right of First Refusal Clause? If so, maybe ex can use that to have herself care for the kids instead of the After School Program. I don't know if her new partner would count in to that??

It does sound like it could be a manipulation tactic by her to consider herself 60%

It also could just be her coming up with another solution for the kids/working together to avoid the program cost.

Really have to speak to her about it/question her what her intentions are. If she says she would not be considering herself 60%, get it in writing/amend your legal agreement to cover this???

Comment

Kate brings up, the point, which I would also point out, that many after-school care programs, don't offer an ad-hoc or "I only need these certain days covered for care" program, so you would want to verify that.

Chances are, if they do have a spot open, you may have to sign up the child for every day, and bear the burden of that extra cost. If Mom is making herself available and already taking the child during this time, I can't see her agreeing to paying a portion/half of this extra cost (if you expect her to).

I don't see her occasional "extra 2 hours" of time, swaying her custody regime toward the 60% mark, especially, if you have an order already that doesn't say that (but then, you know your ex better than us). Also, if you went to court, mostly, overnights are what they count, and not some weird "Mom has child extra 2 hours these particular days".

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X