Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, because the most important "extra expense" that many CP's have, the costs of SEEING their children, is NOT considered an "extra-ordinary" expense to be shared by the parents, even if the CP moves away with the kids. Many payors have to cut this out, or drastically reduce it, in order to survive. If the guidelines were truly child friendly, this would not be happening.

Comment

first line hould read "that many NCP's have......"

Comment

Banaschar,
        I am very sorry to hear this, but completely understand.

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
          How did you reduce that expense?
          They live 3 hours away.
          6 hours of driving *2 ways *fuel=$150 in gas.
          When I have my kids we like to do stuff, $50.
          So every 2 weeks is about $400 a month or about 75% of my disposable income after CS payments.
          My ex left me, family law took my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Banaschar View Post
            My ex left me, family law took my kids.
            Geez.... THAT is a very strong comment. When I read these words, my heart hurts for you.

I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by got2bkid View Post
              Yup, because the most important "extra expense" that many NCP's have, the costs of SEEING their children, is NOT considered an "extra-ordinary" expense to be shared by the parents, even if the CP moves away with the kids. Many payors have to cut this out, or drastically reduce it, in order to survive. If the guidelines were truly child friendly, this would not be happening.
              I never looked at it that way....

When I think of exercising access, I think about driving across town.... not driving halfway across the province....which is pretty ignorant of me!

I was under the impression that if the CP was granted the courts permission to move the children, against the wishes of the NCP, then said CP would be responsible for transportation costs when facilitating access??

I also thought that if the NCP faced unreasonable costs for access, then he/she would be eligible to have that information considered when determining the amount of CS due?

I take it that, in reality, these circumstances are just ignored?

Comment

Originally posted by representingself
                I was under the impression that if the CP was granted the courts permission to move the children, against the wishes of the NCP, then said CP would be responsible for transportation costs when facilitating access??

I also thought that if the NCP faced unreasonable costs for access, then he/she would be eligible to have that information considered when determining the amount of CS due?

I take it that, in reality, these circumstances are just ignored?
                I was under that same impression. After all, it's what our lawyer told us it would be like. Though in front of the judge, it's a completely different story. You're right... 99% of the time... in reality, these circumstances are just ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by #1StepMom View Post
                  I was under that same impression. After all, it's what our lawyer told us it would be like. Though in front of the judge, it's a completely different story. You're right... 99% of the time... in reality, these circumstances are just ignored.
                  So you pay thousands of $$$$ for a Lawyer to represent you, and in the end... you lose....every time!!

Comment

The Anatomy of Canada’s Child Support Guidelines: The Effects, Details, and History of a Feminist Family Policy
                    I have always said it was feminists and girly-men politicians that sponsored the current flawed CS Guidelines.

Comment

I absolutely adore my step-daughter and now that she is 20 we are becoming more friends than parent child. I have never treated her any different than my own children or loved her any less. She is my first baby. We have always provided her with a home she can come to and have her own bedroom..never taken a family trip without her (until she started working full time) always included her in even my family gatherings because my parents are her grandparents too. We are very lucky we have been able to do this. Now she is out of school (her choice) and working full time, her mother told her to lie to us so that we would continue to pay support to her. Granted our amounts are not tabled and the recipient (the mother) never fought for more. She is extremely wealthy, remarried, no other children, (we have 2) and chose to quite her job 2 years ago. I have numerous emails, and letters, from her saved up after 18 years (how sad is that) which are emotionally abusive to my husband (who is amazing) and even recently towards her very own child. Why is it that when support should be stopped we have absolutely no rights? There should be no buts about it, just do it! This woman feels NOW after 18 years she is entitled to more monies and will not co-operate in order to get the paperwork done. We can do it for free or it can be costly and done through a lawyer. If we stop the FRO payments my husbands license can be revoked and that is really how he makes his living.
                      Is there some kind of emotional connection or control issues happening here? Is she jealous? What is going on and what can I do!!! I love my child and feel she shouldn't get involved but the lawyer says right at this point she is our only hope. If she canreason with her mother we may have a chance. She is 20 and is more than willing to do so but this should not be how it works
                      The court order states that out of school and working, CS done? Is this not fraud or something like that?

Comment

Yes, child support ends when the child is out of school and working. Have you been able to resolve this situation?

Comment

Unfortunately neither one of parents reported change in income for the past 18 years and now the Mother has the right to take him back 3 years and university costs for the past year and a half. We have no rights to our family. Teh "child" withdrew.
                          for others in the same situation, what the parents have decided to do, instead of paying costly court battle (with no guarantee as to the outcome)is to come to a financial agreement which is paid out once she signs the paperwork to stop support and will never be allowed to come back for more. Of course we as the payors are paying OUR lawyer to make sure the agreement is locked up nice and tight.

Comment

Australia seems to be on the forefront of actual EQUAL rights for parents, and children.

I am continually disappointed as I navigate the legal system here in Ontario, it becomes more and more evident the the system is very much stacked against the Father of children as my application moves towards trial.

I'm looking for ways to become more involved. In fact, I think I need to become an out and out activist. Can anyone reccomend any clubs/memberships in Ontario I can look into? I will be immediately starting a written campaign to various major media outlets, as someone has recommended previously.

It really is ridiculous. I cannot fathom how one gender has so much power when it comes to children. I thought the eyes of lady justice were supposed to be blind-folded in order to eliminate such bias'.

Comment

Make sure you write your MP to show your support for bill C-422, which is a presumption of shared parenting when both parents are fit. The first place to start is to clean up this mess where dads are tossed away like so much trash, except for their cash, which is readily accepted.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X