How do I change my user name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change my user name?

I would like to change my user name on this forum but I didn't see that as an option in the control panel, did I miss it?

Originally posted by Wyntermcd View Post
    I would like to change my user name on this forum but I didn't see that as an option in the control panel, did I miss it?
    I don't think that you can change a user name.

Comment

@Wyntermcd....

Send a PM to Jeff. I believe like most forums, your account will be deactivated, and you can then sign up with a new moniker...but then you are subjected to the vetting period that applies to postings

Comment

You act like an ass until you get kicked off. And then you plead to come back.
        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Moderators don't have the power to change your username. I'm not sure if an administrator can either. Send a PM to Jeff and he can let you know if it's possible, however of all the forums I have moderated at, it has never been possible for an admin or owner to change a user's account info, whether just their user name or to deactivate their account.

Comment

Oh well, I don't particularly want to delete this profile so I guess I'm stuck with it lol. Thanks for the replies though!

Comment

I remember when I first signed up here... I thought to myself... "ya, you probably don't want to use your usual internet moniker here".

Sometimes I am shocked when I Google somebody's forum username.

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
                I remember when I first signed up here... I thought to myself... "ya, you probably don't want to use your usual internet moniker here".

Sometimes I am shocked when I Google somebody's forum username.
                OMG! I've never thought to do that before and was a little worried of what I might find!

It's all good - some company Qrious is all I really see. Whew. This is the only forum where i use Qrious as a UN. So I checked my Trip Advisor UN as well, and all good there too.

Lol. Thanks for the tip. Before I make up a new UN for any other forum, I'll do a quick Google of the name first!

Edit - as FWoB just pointed out to me - my UN on Trip Advisor is NOT qurious. My apologies to that person if people are looking her/him up now.
                Last edited by Qrious; 01-11-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is possible but I don't know if all your posts can be transfered with you or not.

I remember Jeff switched the username of a member because it was too similar to another member's name and it was causing confusion.

Comment

You act like an ass until you get kicked off. And then you plead to come back.
                    lmao...you rock McDreamy.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X