Dad Overpays Outstanding Child Support And Still Winds Up In Jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad Overpays Outstanding Child Support And Still Winds Up In Jail

Hall told My Fox Houston, “When she said ‘I remand you to the Harris County Jail for 180 days’ my mouth just dropped. I can’t be there for my son in jail. I can’t pay child support in jail. This is not in the best interest of the child.”

Now Quanell X, who is a community activist, has involved himself in Hall’s case and is demanding that the state’s judicial board investigate this travesty of justice. “The court failed the child,” he told My Fox Houston. “The court failed Mr. Hall. The system broke down.”
    Dad Over Pays Outstanding Child Support And Still Winds Up In Jail | News One

He was ordered to pay costs and it was enforceable through wage garnishee.

Sounds a tad like the "dog ate my homework" to me. You get your pay stub and it shows the garnishee. If your employer isn't taking the right amount off then it is up to you to bring the error to employer's attention.

Comment

I am just shocked, injustice in the legal system, what is the world coming to? At least he is appealing....

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        He was ordered to pay costs and it was enforceable through wage garnishee.

Sounds a tad like the "dog ate my homework" to me. You get your pay stub and it shows the garnishee. If your employer isn't taking the right amount off then it is up to you to bring the error to employer's attention.
        The linked story is badly written...lack of detail.

Does he owe money, or not? lol. Suddenly now, for court costs is how I read it. Did I read that right?

If he's in jail now, that won't help any arrears situation. I wouldn't want the same judge hearing this again, either.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X