X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suing a lawyer

Can this be done? Small claims. Amythig
    With law society do anything. Can they make pay money back?? Any recourse to try and further prevent these retards from doing this to others? I'm not happy with my dump trucks as they took it dry. Sat on their hands and just collected money as team retard kept up with the BS...

In my eyes it should be criminal to get away with what has been so far ... Her lawyer has said.for.3 yrs... U don't have to pay half the marital.debt. its in his name. Soooo. She believed him. And finally when infront of a.judge she finally heard what I have said for years.... That it is black AMD white. U r being lied.to wake up
    I could go on..

Suggestions ??

You'd have to PROVE that that they over billed you or that the costs in your lawyer bill are unreasonable or unrelated to the litigation. VERY hard to do.

B.C. woman may lose home over huge lawyer bill - British Columbia - CBC News

Some lawyers are just scum.

If you went to trial you may get awarded costs, but then again you may not. Nothing is certain when go to court.

Comment

A lawyer may or may not work hard for their client.

But you can bet any lawyer being sued for some level of incompetence would fight any accusation with eveyr means possible, including counter suits claming defamation.

To win what you propose, you have to prove incontrovertably not that what he said was wrong, but that he knew it was wrong when he said it. Its not a lie if you didn't know it was, its not a lie if you didn't understand the question. He has plenty of possible defenses. He could say he was on pain meds.

Good luck, I'd not tackle that one.

Comment

Punches in the face all around. Lol

Is think.the ex could win it.... The scab told her she doesn't have to pay half the marital debt cuz the credit card was in my name.

Comment

Got it in writing or on video? Cause if you don't it will just be he said/she said, and he is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Even then he can still say he didn't understand the question.

I would not waste any time with it.

Comment

Secondary card holders have zero liability.

Yes, SOME lawyers lie a lot. Constantly. All they have to do is use phrases like: "I've been advised by my client that.. Blah blah blah" or "It is my understanding that ... Blah blah blah."

"Ohhhh? Did I get that wrong? That's what I was told. No, I didn't have proof but I took my client at their word. Apparently I misunderstood."

These "types" are pure scum. No conscience, no morals, no shame and not one ounce of professionalism. Sickening, I know. I've seen it up close, personally.

I've never retained one of these freaks, but you bet that there are plenty of them out there. The LSUC couldn't care less. Been there, done that.

Comment

Just as I figured... ITS her lawyer anyway. Inadvertently cost me money.... But nothing.like her, and what she thought was entiteled too... No wonder they get shot in the states.

I bet a few good.beatings, they'd think twice about screwo.g with other people's life and money...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X