the house and my personal
    belongings and refuses to give it to
    me i am tired and trying to stay
    sane
    how long do i have to settle property
    issues no kids thank god
    any help would be good
    thanks very much

do you still live with him? Are you safe?
    do you have any money whatsoever? any relatives or close friends?

You are currently receiving cancer treatment? If so you can ask who the social worker is at that hospital and they should be able to help you if you need emergency assistance. If you are still in your home and you feel threatened call the police and/or go to a women's shelter where you will receive immediate assistance.

More information needed.

Comment

yez i am out yes got some help
      whats upsetting is that he betrayed me
      but now he keeps saying have to sign the
      offer so he gets the house i am joint tenant
      how long is it to settle property
      issues they are rushing me too much
      can i wait till i am well to start

Comment

countrygal: You are under tremendous stress at this time. You need to be in a safe place where you can regroup and get help making some decisions. If your health is a big issue right now then a lawyer can get an emergency order that will put you back into your home (if you have had to move out due to abuse). If you can't afford a lawyer social services will help you. There are also many charitable organizations that will help you out. You didn't provide much information in your post but your call for help. If you give us more information we can possibly point you in the right direction.

Comment

Thank you for posting back. You should work through the social worker at the hospital you are receiving treatment from. They can get all the medical documents together you may require to stay or "pause" the legal proceedings until you are well enough to represent yourself.

Are you currently using drugs or alcohol? Do you still live in the marital home? Do you have any money?

Comment

i am so scared he is reading this how do i
            get privacy

Comment

Countrygal: Do not use a computer that he has access to. If you suspect he is accessing this site then go to an internet cafe or your public library and sign on with a new name.

Comment

no never did do drugs or smoked
                just cancer and radiation meds
                wish i did drink wine but my drs said
                it saved my life so
                its amazing im alive

Comment

ok i will not write till sat night
                  thanks so much

Comment

Your doctor/oncologist can be a great resource for you. Doctors can refer patients to many other professionals without all the red tape. I strongly encourage you to use this resource and access the social workers. If you had a bad legal aid lawyer you can get another, only this time do it with the assistance of the social worker. Start there and don't take on the world at once. One step at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                      Thank you for posting back. You should work through the social worker at the hospital you are receiving treatment from. They can get all the medical documents together you may require to stay or "pause" the legal proceedings until you are well enough to represent yourself.

Are you currently using drugs or alcohol? Do you still live in the marital home? Do you have any money?
                      that has nothing to do with it.

Comment

you have asked several times about time - how long do I have, etc.

Not exact time but it is about two years. You are being pressured and you do not have to worry one bit as long as you are in a safe place getting the medical help, food and can get better yourself. I do feel for your situation it must feel like your world is crashing from all around you and there is no stopping it. There is a way and get the help you need and do not take no for an answer. Yes there is a good call for you being returned to the mat home if that is what you wish.

You are worried about his reading what you write. If he is aware of this site even if you change your name it would not be hard to pick you out by your posts. This is a public forum so the suggesiton is to only write here what you can assume he WILL read. If you tell the truth here you will get solid help. If you always say the truth there is nothing that can hurt you. There may be a time when your lawyer will ask you not to make certain things public from that point on - wait for that time - you are not there yet.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X