No announcement yet.

Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the health coverage. The only reason I have it is to cover the children. I am not covered under it.

Comment

Technically you have to take health coverage “if available” to cover the kids. If the costs of the program outweigh what you spend annually on these expenses then it’s pointless to pay it but thats an individual call.

You can’t reduce your income with the cost. Sorry, the only thing you could possibly claim is an unexpected and non recurring income amount. Like if you had to withdraw money from your rrsp to pay legal bills or if you had a one time bonus that was more than expected etc.

Comment

Line 150 income from your T1 personal return is the standard.
        Easy for non-financial persons to understand.
        Complications can arise from non-recurring income from RRSPs, severance etc. Address separately in submissions or testimony.

Form 13 is on a cash basis as in what do you spend and how much cash do you have to cover that. Pension deductions are part of your cash outflows. Same for RRSP contributions. No impact on CS levels but possibly can speak to SS if there is hardship claimed? I do not know that answer.

Health and Dental Premiums same treatment as pension contributions.

Comment

Wondering about paying arrears to Ontario works. I am currently paying this from years ago while my ex was receiving Ontario works.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacey81 View Post
            Wondering about paying arrears to Ontario works. I am currently paying this from years ago while my ex was receiving Ontario works.
            If your ex did it then why are you paying it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stacey81 View Post
              What about the health coverage. The only reason I have it is to cover the children. I am not covered under it.
              sounds like you have family coverage...you should be covered under it if its from work.

Comment

She received it and now I have to pay back child support.

Comment

Ontario works is an assignee on my case. I did not send them anything when I started this motion last year as I was unaware that they were. Should I just sent them the whole package now. What I’m asking for has nothing to do with them.

Comment

Im confused. She was on Ontario Works and you were supposed to pay cs but didn’t and now they are clawing back her benefits paid and she is expecting you to do it?

Or she got too much OW BEFORE the govt stopped cutting support off the top and she owes it back and is expecting you to pay it?

I believe in 2016 or 2017 the Ontario Government allowed recipients to collect support without it impacting their benefits.

Comment

She received Ontario works when I was not paying in the beginning. Years later fro contacted me and said I had arrears and I started paying off these arrears on top of my regular Cs. I just spoke with OTW and they said they stop being an assignee several years back and I didn’t need to send them anything for the upcoming court proceedings.

This was arrears before 2017 date.

Comment

So if they aren’t an assignee then you don’t owe them back?

Comment

That’s what I was thinking. So who is FRO sending the money too.

Comment

I have a feeling its your ex. Have you tried calling FRO and asking them?

Comment

Fro says it’s going to OTW and OTW is saying they are no longer an assignee

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X