Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:51 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

What did the school have to say? Did they outline what they are doing?

I think that a lot of behaviour also occurs with certain ages, emotional levels and physical conditions. I have a niece who was very emotional as she grew and would “act out” depending on her situation/development. I have a nephew who was subject to behaviours of another child and when the teachers started doing more, was discovered to be an innocent bystander.

There might be more to the situation which is leading to Parent 2s decision. It may not necessarily be that they are worried about their abilities being questioned. I also don’t think this is a hill to die on. If the child is not grossly suffering, there is no need for court.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:40 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

is there a chance that the child is not feeling challenged at school? If they are finding the work too easy then they maybe getting bored and frustrated.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:39 PM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

Knowing how people love to give their opinions when none were asked, I should've simplify my initial post to read as follows:

Two parents with 50/50 custody disagree on the involvement of a professional in children's physiology. Would it be a court order infringement or not?

That's it. I did not ask for any opinions on how the other parent feels, what that parent's thoughts are, child's age and hormonal state. Nothing of that nature was asked, yet opinions were given and with such negative connotation that makes me wonder....

Anyway, legal advise has been received, end of story.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:43 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Why do you even bother coming here then? We’re not lawyers. We give experience advice based on the info you provide.

If you want legal advice, get a lawyer.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:09 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother View Post
Knowing how people love to give their opinions when none were asked, I should've simplify my initial post to read as follows:

Two parents with 50/50 custody disagree on the involvement of a professional in children's physiology. Would it be a court order infringement or not?

That's it. I did not ask for any opinions on how the other parent feels, what that parent's thoughts are, child's age and hormonal state. Nothing of that nature was asked, yet opinions were given and with such negative connotation that makes me wonder....

Anyway, legal advise has been received, end of story.
wow in an earlier post in this thread you said this.

* Both parents are entitled to their opinion. Actually everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

so people can only have opinions when they agree with you or tell you want you want to hear?
Old 04-06-2019, 05:50 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road
Default Behavioral issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
wow in an earlier post in this thread you said this.

* Both parents are entitled to their opinion. Actually everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

so people can only have opinions when they agree with you or tell you want you want to hear?

What he was clearly hoping for was that people would agree with his position and offer up advice on how to thwart what is clearly a straight black and white issue. He knew the answer already- no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk