Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:29 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I could lay out a tablecloth and serve tea from the trunk of my car!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:02 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

That could work! I had a trunk sale a while back, advertised on kijiji everything that I was selling, arranged for all the buyers to meet me within the same 1.5 hour period at a local mall parking lot and did all the transactions there.

This worked great for me, got everything sold off and taken care of in one afternoon. No muss, no fuss, and no arranging 80 seperate meet ups!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:09 PM

A "blinkandimgone" tailgate party - how smart of you!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:10 PM

paris is on a distinguished road

You should Google some of the names to see if there's anything that might have real value. Those old tea cups and saucers... my sister sold a bunch at her yard sale for $20 a piece. She knew they were worth more than that.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:14 PM

yes it's crap to me but I know its valuable.

I sent my brother a set of china several years ago, thinking he was going to pass it down to his son etc. A few years later he told me he had sold it for thousands! I was a bit surprised but then remembered my mother had quite a penchant for china and she had inherited a bunch from her mother.

I suppose if I spent the time I do on here (ODF) and organized everything I could make a tidy sum.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:49 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Arabian - check out rapidsell. It's an online auction - generally used for estate sales from what I've seen.

Also, check out local auctions.....if it's collectable stuff, you'll likely get more through the auctions.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:53 PM

Thanks MSMom - good ideas. I think there is an auction place not too far from where I live.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:26 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
A "blinkandimgone" tailgate party - how smart of you!
My tailgaters are ALWAYS good
Old 11-23-2013, 08:33 AM

ddol1 is on a distinguished road

ARABIAN, I personally have used and sold about $15,000 worth of tools, odds, furniture, etc. mid to late 2010 just prior to our most significant and important date in my short life and I believe it is called, "date of Separation!"

as the other posters said you get to first chat about your items, some may just say I am coming over! What you can think of as the initial email as a interview if you would even let them know where your door is. If there is really genuine interest, intelligent questions - this often is a good indicator for a good, "reasonably safe" interaction.

Alone and genially not comfortable - on the main street in my city there is a business that will take and list your item, arrange the shipping and packing for a fee paid by the buyer. This became popular with ebay transactions. Will work for kijiji as well. last but not least again not far is a place called youbidlocal.ca (they are located in many cities) and you guessed it - they offer a preview slot for people to go inspect, bidding starts Monday and goes to Sat afternoon here - key is you never see the buyer and I know there is a buyer premium, not sure of the seller.

Now just remember to not have your significant other be the banker, make the transfer as promised - just into the wrong account - in my case hers!!!! (and you will be all set).