Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM

Hopefuldays is on a distinguished road
Default child care receipts

My court order indicates that father will pay for child care pro rata 30 days after being given the receipts.

He is now insisting that the child care provider, camps, teenagers, aftercare send him the receipts directly. This the end of a long long list of ways he attempts to stall and not pay child care expenses including making providers detail minutes they work on which dates -- like 3:30 - 4:08 p.m. and won't pay for rounded to the nearest quarter hour amounts.

He has recently insisted on a monthly LIMIT of child care:3 hours a week and refuses to pay more despite recently dropping his CS by 80%.

Note that i work, i am a full time student and he pays $296.00 CS/month for two children.

Can he:
1. Withhold payment until the child care people send him receipts directly even though i have given him the receipt and it is paid;
2. insist on a limit on my expenses?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 PM

OhMy is on a distinguished road

No he cannot do either.

You providing the receipts to him is sufficient.

If you are incurring child care because of your studies or work that is a valid expense.

You may wish to put the order forth to FRO for collection of the specials. You would need to complete a statement of arrears, copy of the non paid receipts etc.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Would it not save your head ache if he paid directly? I can see where he is coming from because some ex's like to fabricate receipts, however another option is to just ask for two receipts when you receive them.

As for the limit, he doesn't have to pay for anything other than your work or school.. if you are using babysitters for other things, then he is under no obligation to provide payment for that.

It really depends on your circumstances. What exactly does your order say? Does it specify that YOU will give him receipts?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:33 PM

Hopefuldays is on a distinguished road

He is demanding that the receipts are sent to him directly from the provider.

i don't fabricate receipts.

This is child care for work and school only and that is what the order says: "father pays pro rata child care expenses for work, school, retraining, illness, disability".

Yes, it would save the headache if he paid directly but he won't pay them and then they feel bad asking and asking for the money. I want to ensure they are paid so I pay and the order says upon receiving the receipt from me, he has 30 days to pay.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 PM

OhMy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefuldays View Post
He is demanding that the receipts are sent to him directly from the provider.

i don't fabricate receipts.

This is child care for work and school only and that is what the order says: "father pays pro rata child care expenses for work, school, retraining, illness, disability".

Yes, it would save the headache if he paid directly but he won't pay them and then they feel bad asking and asking for the money. I want to ensure they are paid so I pay and the order says upon receiving the receipt from me, he has 30 days to pay.
You have provided the answer to your own question. I realize this may be hard, however it sounds like he may be doing this as a means to either get out of his obligation or to cause issues for you.

Follow your order and refer to it if you correspond with him regarding the matter.

Example: Dear other parent,

-Reimbursement for child care as per paragraph xx of court order dated xx, has not yet been received.

-Reciepts were provided as per court order paragraph xx on xx date.

-30 days has now past as per paragraph xx.

-Please advise as to when reimbursement will occur by xx date.

That is just my two cents.

Some of the other posters may have a better suggestion. IMHO -cite the order and just use a BIFF style type of writing with him regarding it.

Last edited by OhMy; 04-17-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Closed Thread