Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 AM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road
Default Withholding notice of assessment

I have been asking my ex since JUNE for his notice of assessment so we can re-calculate CS. I'm pretty sure I am under paying slightly but can't confirm since I have never seen any financial information from him. Partly because he hadn't done his taxes.

Well apparently he has finally gotten his financial information together but is withholding it until he receives some additional information from me. I've already provided him with my Notice of Assessment for 2010.

I'm concerned because I know he wants back-support. Since I gave him notice in June, will I have to pay back support starting then or will the fact that he has refused to provide me with his information protect me from that? I've been doing my best to try to get the information from him but he's not forthcoming.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 AM

cashcow4ex is on a distinguished road

If your Ex has custody of the children and its you paying support then his Notice of Assesment is useless. Its your salary and your salary alone that is used for CS calculations.
His assesment would only be required to figure out the proportionals for section 7 costs and that alone.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashcow4ex View Post
If your Ex has custody of the children and its you paying support then his Notice of Assesment is useless. Its your salary and your salary alone that is used for CS calculations.
His assesment would only be required to figure out the proportionals for section 7 costs and that alone.
Sorry, we have shared custody (50/50) so we 'both' pay CS.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 AM

cashcow4ex is on a distinguished road

Does your agreement state a specific date as to when the Notice of Assesments need to be exchanged?
If it does and he is beyond that date and still holding out then I would have to think that it would only be retroactive to the date he finally provides you the assesment.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashcow4ex View Post
Does your agreement state a specific date as to when the Notice of Assesments need to be exchanged?
If it does and he is beyond that date and still holding out then I would have to think that it would only be retroactive to the date he finally provides you the assesment.
Unfortunately there is no agreement yet. We're in the process of trying to get one. However, in mediation last year we set a CS amount based on what he 'said' was his income and we agreed it would be recalculated in June of every year based on our Notices of Assessment - which is why I requested his information.

Last edited by HappyMomma; 11-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Closed Thread