Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:23 PM

ccorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone know about FRO?

I filed for support back in November. My ex didn't want court involved so tried to "settle" for an amount I thought was too low. I was willing to work with him but I wanted what was fair. Basically after seeing how he would co-parent, I decided to continue pursuing court.

Court was a month ago - he didn't come. I was not only granted sole custody but he was ordered no access which I wasn't even pursuing (due to an assault charge on me 3 yrs prior). I felt bad but I respect the judges concern about safety.

Support was ordered, an amount of course more than he wanted to give and she back dated support to 6 months prior. So basically now what!? I've only received the order in the mail. I gave them his employment info. Does FRO just contact him to pay or will they take it from his employer since he didn't show up? I've read a bit about FRO online and it actually seems like a slow nightmare. Any guidance would be great.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:35 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You filed the order with FRO correct? You have an account number and case worker? If yes, call your case worker and ask these questions.

If you have none of the above then the order has not been filed with FRO and needs to be done. You will do this at the courthouse.

Hound FRO for the information and stay on top of them to have it paid.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You filed the order with FRO correct? You have an account number and case worker? If yes, call your case worker and ask these questions.

If you have none of the above then the order has not been filed with FRO and needs to be done. You will do this at the courthouse.

Hound FRO for the information and stay on top of them to have it paid.
Well I went through the court system so everything should be automatic from them. I haven't received anything yet but I guess I'll wait.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:10 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Did you fill out the FRO form at Court? I recall there is a form you need to fill out.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate331 View Post
Did you fill out the FRO form at Court? I recall there is a form you need to fill out.
I do remember filling out one paper with my lawyer right after court asking details about his work place & such.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:16 PM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

When We got a court order for cs it was filed immediately with FRO. Six months at our next CC , FRO had still not collected any money. Judge was furious and ordered my STBX to cut me a check right there and then in court for the full amount of back child support. Took FRO another few months to get their sh....t in gear ( it helped that I sicked the Ontario Ombudsman on them).
Old 03-22-2018, 10:09 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

The answer is "slow nightmare". It will happen one day. The other parent will make some payment plan with them and pay like 50$ a month on the arrears. FRO needs a significant revamp.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
The answer is "slow nightmare". It will happen one day. The other parent will make some payment plan with them and pay like 50$ a month on the arrears. FRO needs a significant revamp.
Wow - that's so frustrating. The mom suffers without support and the dad gets a "payment" plan
Old 03-22-2018, 08:34 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
When We got a court order for cs it was filed immediately with FRO. Six months at our next CC , FRO had still not collected any money. Judge was furious and ordered my STBX to cut me a check right there and then in court for the full amount of back child support. Took FRO another few months to get their sh....t in gear ( it helped that I sicked the Ontario Ombudsman on them).

I thought once FRO was involved the payer wasn’t supposed to pay anyone but FRO? Because for 6 months arrears have been collecting at FRO awhile they set up the account... so when FRO finally starts to collect the expect the payer to pay 6 months arrears. Interesting a judge ordered a cheque be cut right then and there when the ex was only following what was expected of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2018, 08:39 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Opps sorry duplicate post.

Last edited by kate331; 03-22-2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: duplicate post