Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 AM

DeadBeatDouchebagDad is on a distinguished road

Arabian, kids receive the best care thanks to he Mom who makes all the arrangements, pays all the bills while Sperm Donor is 5 digits in arrears since separation. Negociation btwn the two parties has gone nowhere. Court is coming.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:33 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Sometimes court is the best option, particularly when dealing with a party who is non-compliant with support arrears. When that does happen I hope you stay home and let the lawyer do what needs to be done.

You will never change the father, rather hope that he will pay what he is supposed to pay. I'm sure your family needs every penny to provide for a quality and supportive lifestyle for the autistic son.

I don't know anything about CS matters but perhaps annual attendance at a special needs camp could be included in the special expenses part?

You'd be best to focus your energies in a positive way which will benefit the boy.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:15 AM

smileandwalkaway is on a distinguished road

Don't want to comment on the particulars previously express in this thread but I will comment on the general because I am the parent of special need kids.

It puts everyone... Parents, the special child, their siblings, everyone... In a real difficult situation. From my personal experience I will say that living this reality really brings out character traits of the involved individuals. I have chosen to step up and face things in a very different way than my ex. I am and have always been the sole caregiver of the children. My entire life path has changed as a result of providing for them the best I can and it hurts me to see my ex chose not to step up. Instead of advocating and celebrating successes, he says he "does not want a defective kid". Again, in my case, over the years, there continues to be a definite "favouritism" for lack of better terminology. It hurts me and the kids. It is just not "right" but what can you do? Just provide what you can and mitigate the damage.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:58 AM

DeadBeatDouchebagDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileandwalkaway View Post
Don't want to comment on the particulars previously express in this thread but I will comment on the general because I am the parent of special need kids.

It puts everyone... Parents, the special child, their siblings, everyone... In a real difficult situation. From my personal experience I will say that living this reality really brings out character traits of the involved individuals. I have chosen to step up and face things in a very different way than my ex. I am and have always been the sole caregiver of the children. My entire life path has changed as a result of providing for them the best I can and it hurts me to see my ex chose not to step up. Instead of advocating and celebrating successes, he says he "does not want a defective kid". Again, in my case, over the years, there continues to be a definite "favouritism" for lack of better terminology. It hurts me and the kids. It is just not "right" but what can you do? Just provide what you can and mitigate the damage.
Preach on Sister!

Sounds exactly like the Douchebag we are dealing with. Embarassed by his own child that he never took the kids to the restaurant as a family.

Just last night I hear the poor little fella coughing. I notice the sheets are on the floor so I put them back on. I rub some vicks on chest/back and provide water by the bedside. I come back to my bed and my partner says DB would have never done that. Piece of shit human being he is.