Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - I've been served a 14B during a family health crisis

Hi community,

I was served a 14B motion this past monday. My S14 injured his back the same day. I have been in the ER with him most of the past couple of days. I have missed work and am exhausted.

I have requested consent to serving a late reply to this 14B ( I believe I have 4 days from service which means this friday) on these grounds. Of course the response has been silence.

Baring them providing consent, I see my best course of action as:

1. Provide a replying affidavit showing that there is a family emergency, that I have requested consent to late service and that I will provide a more fulsome response a week later.

I am on fumes right now and have to get back to S14, but I could serve an affidavit like this and file it pretty quick.

Quick check online shows you have 20 days if you file a defense or 30 if you file an intent to defend.

Anyone else see different?

Comment

thanks for the response. that looks like civil form.

Comment

HELP - I've been served a 14B during a family health crisis

What is her motion for? The one I found was for foreclosure.

Could she be asking for more time?

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          What is her motion for? The one I found was for foreclosure.

Could she be asking for more time?
          its for further financial disclosure. There is a previous order allowing them to do this by way of 14B

Comment

I also found this:

Comment

If her motion is for further disclosure, are you averse to giving it?

Comment

My thoughts are with you plainNameddad44. Hope your son is ok.

I echo rockscan. You have been forthright in your deliberations todate. Surely the other side provided what specific information they are looking for?

If not then I would not stress out about it. You can only do what you can do.

Hope things work out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                  If her motion is for further disclosure, are you averse to giving it?
                  Of course not. Some of the stuff, I've already given, some they have, some I don't have and some is ridiculous.

I've prepared an affidavit explaining the situation and am crossing my fingers.

Comment

I think defending yourself is a good plan. I hope you can have it set out that her bs wont be accepted anymore. She still hasnt filed her own disclosure right? Perhaps you can have that ordered. Im not shocked that she is playing this game while her child is injured because I would expect it from her. Its unfortunate she has chosen to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
                      Of course not. Some of the stuff, I've already given, some they have, some I don't have and some is ridiculous.

I've prepared an affidavit explaining the situation and am crossing my fingers.

Good luck, and I hope your son recovers quickly. I think given your situation, you will find that the court/judge will extend some leniency to you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X