CAS Alienation for GROWING AND A CUSTODY BATTLE SAME TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAS Alienation for GROWING AND A CUSTODY BATTLE SAME TIME

Having an issue with CAS and medical grow. I've been growing for the past 5 years. i am not with the childrens mother for the last 3 years. she left the home where we had our children for 2 weeks with no contact. since then we have a mediation agreement where we work swing shift on opposite shifts. where who ever is home at night that's were the kids sleep with their parent. use the other parent to get them off to school in the morning. and she has known of my licence before hand. i brang her a bag of cloths that was at my house and she brought it to CAS. CAS explains there was a complaint this week. This time the kids school said there cloths smelt of cannabis and my 5 year old seemed to be stoned. (red eyes) hungry clumsy. it's the way he acts everyday. I do not smoke in the house. everything I have is in a locked room with no chance of kids having access to it. CAS shows up to my house when I do not have my kids for the week. says it smells of cannabis so bad she can't come in. keep in mind I just cut down my plants and was in process of drying everything while my kids are not home. I speak to her outside. she says I have spoken to kids and it seems you have a great relationship with your kids. But there has to be an investigation done on your home. I cleaned the house top to bottom for a week.
    The monday following the Friday is when I was served with court papers saying that the children's mother is taking me to court for full custody child support and for me to have supervised visits. I have been with my kids almost everyday since they have been born. always there for them physically emotional. I have a great bond with my children 9 and 5. we have a schedule when they are here of dinner at table every night. baths, stories. movie night craft day.
    My ex is a very jealous person and has been in 3 different relationships since splitting up. Wants it her way or no way.
    I have had 1 lasting loving relationship. we do all sorts of thing with the kids. trails walking geocaching biking cooking. camping road trips.
    I think my ex has gotten very worried that I have bonded very well with my kids and wants vengeance. with cannabis so close to legalization I felt she thought to take a last minute shot at trying to take my kids from me because I chose to use cannabis instead of opiods or other medications with horrible side effects.
    The problem with all of this is my ex can hurt me as much as she want. But the real people that are being affected are the kids.

Any info or anyone going through this issue. please help.

I guess it comes down to what is more important to you - your children or your grow operation?

While things might soon be legal, I believe that you still have a responsibility to ensure that your 'legal' harvesting of cannabis does not interfere with the best interests of the children. Make a change voluntarily or the court will do what the court will do.

Comment

Dont mess with CAS, let them do their investigation with your full cooperation. What ever recommendation they have to keep your kids safe, do it.

Comment

Their clothes smelled of cannabis!!! Oh dear.

Personally I think cigarette smoke smells far worse than cannabis. Also, you have to be SMOKING the cigarette to get the smell. Are people calling CAS for cigarette smoke smelling clothes? That is far worse than growing cannabis.

My humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertmarley View Post
          i brang her a bag of cloths that was at my house and she brought it to CAS. CAS explains there was a complaint this week. This time the kids school said there cloths smelt of cannabis and my 5 year old seemed to be stoned. (red eyes) hungry clumsy. it's the way he acts everyday..
          Aghast, I think the concern is the child seems to be stoned. The smell of cannabis would be a red flag. Best that CAS makes this call imo.

Although I don't smoke either, I dont think there is a law that you cant smoke in your home with children present (in vehicles yes), its just a stupid decision, but not against the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertmarley View Post
            Having an issue with CAS and medical grow.... This time the kids school said there clothes smelt of cannabis and my 5 year old seemed to be stoned.

I have no issues with cannabis, I think it should be legalized and that it will be legalized.

However, you are in family law world, where CAS are capricious gods beyond reproach. You can lose your kids for any reason. You have been warned that you will lose your kids over the medical grow. You will lose your kids over this medical grow.

Honestly, if you choose your medical grow over your kids, then you probably should lose your kids.

The problem with all of this is my ex can hurt me as much as she want. But the real people that are being affected are the kids.
            There is nothing stopping you from purchasing your product if you are allowed to consume it. Do you care about your kids? Shut down the grow operation, become a consumer, and spend time with your kids.

It does not matter a whit how justified your position might be. CAS disagrees, and it is not worth fighting those guys, even if they are completely wrong, especially when there is an easy workaround.

Comment

UPDATE:

I am not fighting CAS there was a complaint she investigated waiting on reports. I have always been able to see my kids they are just not allowed at my house for time being.

I went to court for conference Friday. I was given back custody and have temporary residence at my parents house. until cas investigation is over.
              I have 2 or 3 different medical cannabis experts ready to hire if need be. Doctor Grower Nurse practioner.
              Since then have removed all plants inside home and taken down grow for time being well investigation is done.

so waiting for CAS to complete house investigation. and evaluation on kids mental health.

Also don't know if I put it up before I DO NOT smoke in the house.
              I have health Canada approved vaporizer and follow all rules and regulations layed out by Health Canada. (locked door and cabinet ventilation out of sight of children.) (if I grow mint or lavender it would smell like those.) It's the stigma and ignorance. of society. I would never put kids in harm's way.
              Cannabis smell doesn't mean bad parent. I am aware that this happened and won't happen again. (but a plant is going to smell a certain way.)
              I have also explained that raw cannabis(growing cannabis) is not harmful at all and have no psycho active effects until plant is heated to 300 degrees and held there for 30 min. Then does the THC become readily activated to be used as a medicine and then only then will it be psycho active and you can feel the effects.

Comment

order is on in term basis and pending the completion of the investigation.
                I have a medical license for the past 5 years.
                They have not put it forth at the moment if there is. (but the kids told me they peed in a cup about a month ago. asked my lawyer said no evidence has been brought forth.
                cas is a female that has worked there for almost 30 years.
                She said the kids have a great relationship with you and see they love me very much.

Comment

I think you are missing a very important point. While marijuana is going to be legal you have been operating a grow-op while it is not legal. This may seem trivial to many but a judge is in place to uphold the law. So before you get on your high horse you might pause to consider this.

With that said, I am pleased that marijuana is a wonder drug for you. You stated "we do all sorts of thing with the kids. trails walking geocaching biking cooking. camping road trips."

Perhaps you can investigate not smoking it and consuming it another way?

I am an old occasional toker from the 70's (so don't shit a shitter).

The dope nowadays that people smoke is horrible... smells like skunk.

Cannabis ... hash.... alcohol.... all the same to me. You can go to a pain clinic and get something other than oxy.

Yes and I certainly would not want my child hanging with yours any more than I would want my child at an alcoholic's place. You see, parents want to know that their children are with responsible SOBER adults. So thinking it's kosher that your kid smells like skunk is not a good thing.

Just my opinion.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5796284347001/

THC CBD syrup - sounds interesting and hopefully more research will be done on this.
                  Last edited by arabian; 06-11-2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

With a handle like Robert Marley, one would question if the grow op is for a justified medical need.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X