Kids Social Insurance numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids Social Insurance numbers

So the mother has taken the Kids SIN and the birth certificates. CRA is asking about the kids SIN numbers. How do I get the replacements, can the separation agreement work to proof I am the father in order to get the replacements from service Ontario office?
    Thanks

I am assuming the mother will not share them with you for some strange reason? You can always try to communicate to the cra your situation and see if they can help somehow, your situation would be best dealt with by phone if they still use them. The reason for education resp claim?

Comment

Thanks. It is the fitness credit

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Who claims the child? I do not believe you can claim a fitness credit unless you are the parent who claims the dependant

If you do claim the child then you claim the fitness credit. There is no need for the SIN as the C R A already has the child as your dependant

Comment

I pay portion of the fitness credit in accordance with the court order.

Comment

It depends on who pays who child support. If the other parent claims the child and you pay child support then you should be paying your proportion amount of anything agreed upon such as activities. net of taxes. The other parent would claim the fitness credit.

Comment

I pay a portion of the special expenses and the other parent pays their portion. I am just claiming my portion

Comment

So you both claim a portion of the child as a dependant? 50/50 custody? It does not matter who pays it it's who CRA allows to claim the child.

Comment

It is a 50 50 custody and access scenario

Comment

Originally posted by abuseddad View Post
                    I pay a portion of the special expenses and the other parent pays their portion. I am just claiming my portion

Then you pay your ex the portion of the net cost. Unless you have permission in your order to claim the child as an eligible dependent, you dont claim the expenses on your taxes. The tax benefit comes off the amount of the expense then you calculate your portion.

For instance: expense is $200, Tax benefit is $50. $150 is then split according to proportionate share.

The only way you can claim taxable expenses for a child is if you are eligible to claim them as a dependent.

Comment

Exactly ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by abuseddad View Post
                        So the mother has taken the Kids SIN
                        I saw my kids SIN number on a document I got from the 3rd parties. Not sure whether it was a document from the school, or from a doctor. Check the records you have from 3rd parties. Go flip through her OSR at the school. Go flip through her medical records. Ask for an attendance record for your child from the school. I'm sure you'll come across the SIN somewhere on these documents. I have my kids SIN number. Just can't remember which document I had seen it on, and too lazy to check atm.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X