No announcement yet.

More money, she won't get a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll pray for your dog, poor boy, to have to suffer. No offense intended to posters whom don't pray.

So... I think this is 3rd warning over-all to you, no?

eta: it's hard to keep track of how many times mods have edited/deleted your posts.
    Last edited by mcdreamy; 06-20-2014, 09:11 PM.
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
      It can, but it is more commonly used as a suggestion.

I work at a law firm. If I read an agreement saying that we "should" do something, I'd point it out to the client that they other side wants something to happen, but there isn't an obligated to actually do it.

It is like say "You should get something to eat." I am by no means telling you that you have to, but making a suggestion based off an observation.
      Just arguing this for entertainment value that the meaning of the word should is defined by context and its a "subjective" word depending on the context or situation.

If you think of all the ways it is used its generally just below "must" which is an ORDER.

I would rank the words:
      -Might Consider: Just my 2c
      -Suggest: At you discretion
      -Should: Clearly beneficial to do
      -Must: Order

and I'd say - yes if it comes to welfare of children very few things are "musts" so when there is a "should" and in that context it means they take it pretty serious (just from my reading).

however, i dont actually beleive they'd take kids away from somebody for sharing a room due to lack of finances, perhaps more that if you could afford it you should do it.

Comment

She isn't on welfare because dad took off - she is on welfare because she is poor. Being a single mother =/= being poor. We've already made it clear than single mothers earn the equivalent of 50k gross.
        I didn't mean in this case specifically, I just mean the common causal relationship between single mothers, poverty and welfare.

They aren't poor because because of being a single mother - its because they have no decent career prospects, ambitions to train/relearn, and they get so much support that it counteracts the incentive. Why lose welfare to work at wal-mart?

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
        Actually you are wrong... she was in college trying to get a career, the kids were in day care and Dad was working. It was their agreement that she would focus on school, like many couples do. He decided to not come home one night, text her and said it was over. He moved 4 hours away. She could no longer afford school or daycare. About 6 months later he came back and they tried to work things out, well he ended up beating the crap out of her, IN FRONT OF HIS CHILDREN... and then walked out and left her laying there. He has avoided all court action for his criminal offence.
        I am sorry for her situation if its true.

I am not sure where you get your facts but I truly hope no women you know has to go through this.
        The single mothers earn 50k fact? - its from my latest research.
        http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...parents-17730/

Do you have a daughter?
        I hope no one ever lays a hand on her
        Me too - part of the reason nobody will ever hurt her is because they know her father would make them regret every breath they take and wish for death as an escape - "Fathers an important counter child abuse tool "

and I hope she never has children, because clearly you have a sick view of women.. how sad for your mother.
        I hope she does, she can cash in on child support and live off welfare and i'll funnel her money on the sided - kidding

My mom owns her own business and she has been working their 6 days a week for 20 years AND she stayed home to raise and would pick me up from school everyday as well AND they put me through private school. A phenomenal woman that I can never ever repay and if most people including me were worth her pinky the world would be a better place. My father is awesome too, and so are my children in fact most people in my entire extended family are hard working and successful - we often marry losers though.

Comment

Actually no, my opinion on his view of women is because all he talks about is how women are blood suckers. Clearly he is upset about the decisions he made in his relationship and doesn't want to take any responsibility for it.
          You're calling me sexist - #1 thats an insult but I get no justice - I think nowadays being called a sexist or misogynist i like 2 steps above rapist or something.

No, I don't think all women are blood suckers. In fact I think there should be spousal support as I've mentioned many times and people are entitled to that..

Is my ex, a loser bloodsucker - yes! But I can't speak to statistically how many women are like her. I am sure/hope some/many women aren't. There is no statistic on how many women make real efforts to support themselves after a divorce so I really have no idea how many women are bloodsuckers.

Globally, I'm more concerned with the "system" because it creates entitlement I believe.

Comment

The rental property is gone back to the bank. I'm not interested in calling CAS as I think it would be a waste of time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X