X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I trade my ex in for a new one?

Been away for awhile: So I'll update.

Neverending conflict between my ex and I. I had sued for joint custody, but her behaviour became more and more erratic. For the sake of trying to calm the conflict on all ends, I settled giving her full custody, and sharing time 50/50 for the summer months.

Since then, I've pretty much left it all behind. My boy loves me - I still see him lots (altough would prefer more), and all things considered it could be worse.

Yet since settlement, she continues to be an instigator of conflict. For example, last Wednesday - she called the police after I spent 5 minutes in her yard using my cell to film our boy showing me his snow fort.

She obviously still has issues. Anyone wanna trade?

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
    Been away for awhile: So I'll update.

Neverending conflict between my ex and I. I had sued for joint custody, but her behaviour became more and more erratic. For the sake of trying to calm the conflict on all ends, I settled giving her full custody, and sharing time 50/50 for the summer months.

Since then, I've pretty much left it all behind. My boy loves me - I still see him lots (altough would prefer more), and all things considered it could be worse.

Yet since settlement, she continues to be an instigator of conflict. For example, last Wednesday - she called the police after I spent 5 minutes in her yard using my cell to film our boy showing me his snow fort.

She obviously still has issues. Anyone wanna trade?
    Sure - but just keep in mind that sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. At least you know what you're in for

Comment

LMAO gladly trade you for mine. Trust me your ex CANNOT be worse than mine is.

Comment

Wow. I actually feel better about mine. Maybe we should introduce them?

Comment

I think that the bottom line is (well - I can't speak for you all, but I can speak for me ) that our ex'es could probably (and I'm sure do lol) complain as much about us.

The hardest thing for me has been trying to get past this animosity between her and I. It doesn't do either of us any good and it certainly doesn't do the kids any good either. As much as we try not to show it, I'm sure that the sense it.

Comment

I don't often discuss the nightmare stuff we live through, but I am SOOOO glad my ex is my ex...terrible parent, wonderful person

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X