Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does scheduling a trial using take longer than something like a case conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does scheduling a trial using take longer than something like a case conference?

I'm wondering the dead-time I should expect if a trial were to be decided on.

I think it depends on the caseload of your Courthouse. Within the last year I had a trial scheduling conference and at the TSC we were given a date for a week-long trial that would be three months later (with another TSC one month before the actual trial to make sure everything was set to go.

Comment

Scheduling a trial takes a lot of time. You can expect from Application to actual trial to be 2 years or longer in most jurisdictions. 98% of matters never make it to trial.

If there are no children involved in the matter you can expect it to be even LONGER. The priority for scheduling are custody and access disputes, follow by child support.

You will see motions way before a trial.
      Last edited by Tayken; 02-18-2019, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
        Scheduling a trial takes a lot of time. You can expect from Application to actual trial to be 2 years or longer in most jurisdictions. 98% of matters never make it to trial.

If there are no children involved in the matter you can expect it to be even LONGER. The priority for scheduling are custody and access disputes, follow by child support.

You will see motions way before a trial.
        Ditto, and your trial may be postponed if another higher priority trial runs too long adding 6 months to a year more wait.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X