X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No response to motion

Hello
    I filed a motion to change to terminate my child support and did not get a response from the other party within 30 days. I am now in the process of filing the "no response" paperwork with the court.

My question is;
    Can I expect a judge to rule in my favor and terminate my support without a response from the support recipient.

Also

Will i still need to go to court?

Any help appreciated.

Cannot answer without knowing why you are requesting to terminate support....

Comment

Attend your Court action. Expect the unexpected. Check with the clerk when you file your 14C - if the other party filed same.

Who knows...they may show up -- they might not. They may go on to short serve or request an extension of time. Regardless, it's your action. Follow through.

Comment

Form 14c? I am not aware of this..

My motion is to terminate child support based on the child being 18 and not attending school anymore, in fact not even living at home.

According to the Slef Help guide

quote:
        If you have served the responding party a motion to change, they have 30 days from the date of being served to: sign and send you form 15c and serve you and file with the court form 15b.

if the responding party does not take either of these steps, you may proceed with your motion. you must file form 14B asking for what is set out in form 15, five copies of a draft order, stamped envelopes for all parties.

Once you have filed the documents, the clerk will present them to a judge, you do NOT need to see a judge becasue there is no response, however if the judge has questions or concerns the clerk will contact you with a date to appear.

endquote.

No mention of form 14c.

I am just wondering what chance I have of a judge ruling in my favor.

Comment

Follow your guide as instructed...if it's only monetary.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X