This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing Contempt Motion

I have been through trial and a final order has been made. I am having trouble with access. I want to file contempt and get the judge to send a stronger message. There is no negotiating with this person, I have emails that I've sent and the responses.

Should I just file a general application, motion or contempt?

I've researched this a bit and what I've been seeing is that there has to be application and case conference before motions can be heard, only in emergency situations can you go straight to a motion. But I'm thinking that there has already been case conferences and a number of other appearances regarding our children.

So, can I file a motion? Or do I need to start a new application?

Since you are simply trying to seek enforcement of an order made on a previous application, I would think that a motion would suffice. But I'm not sure; perhaps others know. You can always ask a court registry clerk.

Did your research give you any idea of the odds of success, and if successful, what the Court might order. I have also have an access order that is frequently ignored.

Comment

Not great, and if you're a father, worse, but baby steps. The courts are starting to recognize earlier that they're not happy when someone ignore's their orders. If anything it get's it on record that there is a problem with access. I am at the appeal stage, so if I can get this motion in before appeal and get a decision, then I maybe able to enter as 'fresh evidence'.

Comment

I need the same kind of answer and I am not sure I understand. I have orders ( 5 in total) of which none have been followed by my estranged. My daughter requires braces, I have followed all protocols starting with a request for mediation after the first consult appointment last August. He ignores all orders of the court and I am wondering if in this instance I should follow a contempt motion or file a new motion to get my daughter these braces and have her dad pay his 50% as ordered. I don't really treasure the idea of waiting another 9 months to a year to get her these braces. However, my experience with court system has been dismal. Every time I have tried to bring forward a motion or a contempt motion, he turns it into another new motion for a change in access and custody and it drags on for 4 years. Help please.

Comment

Have you tried FRO, I am not sure 100%, but I heard something about being able to sign affidavit of up to $5000.00 extraordinary expenses, they send him an oder to pay, if not then they take it off of his wages, eventually.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X