Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't you wrote in your post earlier that your child is 4 and you are in the middle of the custody trial etc??? You better get your story straight before you will lose your trial completely...

I was talking about YT link. You better read about some Parental Control on TV and YT before it too late...

I did not see it's on local TV. But I really really doubt that they show RAW video and that point of reportage was not "WTF with people walking by" ... Anyone has a link yo local TV episode?

what that suppose to mean? I have 3 kids, of coarse youngest does not watch TV, and youngest has different father and with him I was in trial, I won that trial , I do not have to worry at all. From your post looks , like you loosing man, relax )))

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
      thank you very much blinkandimgone
      I think we can close discussion since you completely missing point (from my point of view). Show or not to show it another question...

I did not see it on TV... I try to stay away from TV and was quite occupied lately with Trial and still is..

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
        didn't you wrote in your post earlier that your child is 4 and you are in the middle of the custody trial etc??? You better get your story straight before you will lose your trial completely...

I was talking about YT link. You better read about some Parental Control on TV and YT before it too late...

I did not see it's on local TV. But I really really doubt that they show RAW video and that point of reportage was not "WTF with people walking by" ... Anyone has a link yo local TV episode?

what that suppose to mean? I have 3 kids, of coarse youngest does not watch TV, and youngest has different father and with him I was in trial, I won that trial , I do not have to worry at all. From your post looks , like you loosing man, relax )))
        lucky you. Good thing they did not find out that you have not control over what your other kids watch on TV and on YT...

Just for the record
        1st - 10 y.o,
        2nd - 6 y.o
        and 3rd 4 y.o?

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
          lucky you. Good thing they did not find out that you have not control over what your other kids watch on TV and on YT...

Just for the record
          1st - 10 y.o,
          2nd - 6 y.o
          and 3rd 4 y.o?

is it apology from you?

Comment

Originally posted by MommaBear73 View Post
            Nooo, what Storm said was "Child lived with me and was raised by me almost 4 years" not that the child was only 4. So I think you owe them an apology. Not only were you extremly rude, you went so far as to tell him/her to get their story straight or they are going to lose their trial when in fact YOU are he one who needs to get your story straight.
            Looks like we both were wrong - now it's 3 kids... Yes I do not like when people lies... do you?

and what is wrong with my story?

They do show stuff like that on tv. They say stuff like 'The following video may be offensive to some viewers' or that it's not suitable for younger viewers to cover their butts.
            isn't at this point mom of 3 kids should tell to the 6 and 10 y.o. "Hey guys go to your room" or turn it off?

I am not at this point yet but I am not really sure it's good idea to let 10 y.o. and especially 6 y.o to watch news... Just because of such episodes (you do not know what coming)... But again that another topic...

Comment

I did mentioned about computer, didn't I? and I am not control freak and do not stay and watch kid's (older one especially) every sec of my life, it is just imposible, your kid will grow up and you will see it.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                I did mentioned about computer, didn't I? and I am not control freak and do not stay and watch kid's (older one especially) every sec of my life, it is just imposible, your kid will grow up and you will see it.

cheers
                from
                YouTube › Help articles › Policies and Safety › Safety Center › Parent Resources

How old does my child have to be to use YouTube?

In order to create a YouTube account, we require users to confirm that they are at least 13 yrs old. Users who enter any age younger than 13 will be prohibited from creating YouTube accounts. In addition, if a user's video gets flagged and, upon review, we determine that the user has inaccurately stated their age during the account creation process, we will suspend their account.
                of course you can not control 100% what your child watch outside of home but it your duty as a parent to make sure he/she at least not exposed to unappropriated staff at home.

I may be wrong of course here but I think you have to setup parental control on child's computer and at least try to do all in your power to prevent them to be expose to staff what they should not...

Does anyone else here agree with Storm that it appropriate for 6 y.o. and 10 y.o. to be able to surf web/YT etc ...? Anyone? Anyone also support her position that you should be called control freak by not allowing your youngsters to go to internet unsupervised?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                  from
                  YouTube › Help articles › Policies and Safety › Safety Center › Parent Resources

of course you can not control 100% what your child watch outside of home but it your duty as a parent to make sure he/she at least not exposed to unappropriated staff at home.

I may be wrong of course here but I think you have to setup parental control on child's computer and at least try to do all in your power to prevent them to be expose to staff what they should not...

Does anyone else here agree with Storm that it appropriate for 6 y.o. and 10 y.o. to be able to surf web/YT etc ...? Anyone? Anyone also support her position that you should be called control freak by not allowing your youngsters to go to internet unsupervised?

Thank you

1. It not physically possible to do so
                  2. If it is possible, you have to be control freak, child is not every sec with me, they play game for instant and go to internet . You can't control 10 years old all the time
                  3 I think we done here.

Comment

Off-topic: you have to be 13 (or say you are!) to make your own account to put your own videos on YouTube. As long as you can click a mouse, you can watch YouTube.

On-topic: This is an example of Bystander Apathy, where people ignore someone who obviously needs help because they assume someone else has already done it, or will do it, or could do it better. Then, when nobody sees anybody else doing anything, the effect is reinforced, as they are going along with the majority. I see that this incident has already been entered on the Wikipedia page for the Bystander Effect.

While we all like to think that we would have intervened, had we been there, the reality is that we would most likely have gone along with the mob mentality not to interfere. It takes a rare person, or one who is aware of the Bystander Effect, to overcome it. Now, that's you.

What didn't help is China's apparent policy of charging a fee to good Samaritans for calling their equivalent of 911. Talk about disincentive to help anybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                      Off-topic: you have to be 13 (or say you are!) to make your own account to put your own videos on YouTube. As long as you can click a mouse, you can watch YouTube.
                      than why you have to setup parental control on child's pc... no youtube, and no web access to the sites what are not allowed (kids sites, educational, etc..)

On-topic: This is an example of Bystander Apathy, where people ignore someone who obviously needs help because they assume someone else has already done it, or will do it, or could do it better. Then, when nobody sees anybody else doing anything, the effect is reinforced, as they are going along with the majority. I see that this incident has already been entered on the Wikipedia page for the Bystander Effect.
                      I am aware of that. we did actually discuss it on First AID course what I took not long ago... That was first of the 5 most common reasons why people do not want to get involved. I can not scan it now so I will type quote from a book:

Other people at the scene: If there are other people at the scene, it's easy to think that they can take care of the emergency without your help. However you should never assume that someone is providing first aid just because you see a lot of people.
                      In this case there were not "lot of people" on scene. They just walk by... So I am not sure it clear case of Bystander Effect.

While we all like to think that we would have intervened, had we been there, the reality is that we would most likely have gone along with the mob mentality not to interfere. It takes a rare person, or one who is aware of the Bystander Effect, to overcome it. Now, that's you.
                      I would agree that before anyone personally get involved in some event where person have to provide some help no one can 100% tell how they would act. But I can tell you 100% that I WOULD NEVER EVER JUST WALK BY...

What didn't help is China's apparent policy of charging a fee to good Samaritans for calling their equivalent of 911. Talk about disincentive to help anybody!
                      Yea. That what I was told too. People also said to me that not far ago there was a case when some young guy help some old fellow who was just lying on sidewalk or some. Old fellow come out from comma (or whatever he was in) and said that that young guy was the one who hurt him...

Can you really justify such act (walking by hit and run victim) by that? I am sorry but I can not...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X