cross-motion affidavits ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinton View Post
    Yes - I am requesting more time. And yes, she is opposing shared custody.

Yes. And me having our child instead of daycare would give me more time without taking any time away from her.
    No - you would likely immediately calculate that time you spent with your child and proceed to alter the financial aspect of your shared parenting would you not? Isn't this where the 40-60 thing comes into play?

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
      I believe that daycare is not a section 7allowable expense if it’s being used for the purpose of going to work or attending school.

Therefore if Mom is available in the mornings and chooses to put the child into daycare rather than allow the other parent to look after them then the child is,not in daycare for the purposes of work or school therefore it is not a section 7 expense.

Usually if you are receiving subsidize daycare you have to prove you are going to work or attending school. Usually it’s a very tightly controlled schedule. You have daycare for the hours of work and travel. If you call in sick the. Daycare is not covered. If you messa round with your daycare hours they will cut you off subsidized care.

So if Mom is putting child in daycare and as you suggest not going to work she will not be able to claim that daycare as a section 7.

You can ask for her work schedule and proof that the child attended daycare due to her actually going to work.

Remember camps in March Break, Summer etc can also be used under section 7. Umbrella.
      Exactly my thoughts. I would gladly contribute to camps. Would be happy for our child to be at camps. or even before school care at school. just not home subsidized daycare.

I agree with your argument though. She's not even using for purpose of work. just so she can sleep in the mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
        She's not even using for purpose of work. just so she can sleep in the mornings.
        How can she be using it to sleep in, if she has to get up and get the child ready for daycare? Could she be using it too socialize the child???

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          How can she be using it to sleep in, if she has to get up and get the child ready for daycare? Could she be using it too socialize the child???
          Still cannot claim as section 7if using for any other purpose than going to work or attending school

Comment

Still cannot claim as section 7if using for any other purpose than going to work or attending school
            Generally, subsidized daycare must be used. There are a certain number of allowed "missed" days per year, after which the parent with the subsidy pays for the daycare they didn't use. It also puts the entire subsidy at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
              Generally, subsidized daycare must be used. There are a certain number of allowed "missed" days per year, after which the parent with the subsidy pays for the daycare they didn't use. It also puts the entire subsidy at risk.
              Thank god, for once and for all, a lawyer knows how child care subsidy works.

Other parent is wanting to share those costs for missed days, which have totalled like 300 through the year. It does put subsidy at risk and so they use it to limit my access.

Thoughts ?

Comment

Other parent is wanting to share those costs for missed days, which have totalled like 300 through the year.
                Why were the days missed?

a lawyer knows
                DISCLAIMER:
                Everything said in this, and any other, message is not intended to be taken as legal advice. I do not hold myself out to be a lawyer, adult or literate. Any resemblance this or any other message may have to legal advice or common sense is entirely coincidental. This message was generated through the combination of a monkey hitting a keyboard with a rock and advanced spell check software.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
                  Why were the days missed?
                  A combination of me and other parent having access when child is to be at daycare, as per subsidy requirements.

Comment

A combination of me and other parent having access when child is to be at daycare, as per subsidy requirements.
                    If you both used up the days then it would seem reasonable to split the cost.

A more complicated formula/method could be worked out through reasonable negotiations (such as who gets to burn through how many days, and each parent is responsible for cost beyond that, for example).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X