Making a Final Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Final Order

Any tips on creating a final order with as little holes as possible? I know that wording can be key here.

If anyone has seen any good orders out there could you post links here? I have found many good terms from links on this forum but have not mastered CanII searching for them on my own yet.

Also can I add offer to settle in my Final Orders? I am going to be firing them off frequently if they do not accept with minor changes.

Thanks

Take out a calendar for 2017. Go through every day.

1) Ask yourself where the children will be on that day. If the agreement doesn't specify it, that is a hole.

2) If the children are to be transferred on that day, what time is the transfer taking place and where? If the agreement does not describe that, it is a hole.

3) Pay special attention to the summer. If you don't know right now where the kids are going to be each day of the summer, that is a hole.

4) Imagine your vacation. What do you need to go on vacation? Assume that your ex will not cooperate. What must your ex be forced to do to ensure that you can go on vacation? If your agreement doesn't specify that, it is a hole.

5) Imagine you want to sign up the kid for an activity. What do you need to sign the kid up for the activity? Who pays? Who decides? Who can attend?Does the other parent have to be informed? If your agreement doesn't spell these factors out, that is a hole.

6) Are you paying spousal support? What happens if you lose your job? What happens if she wins the lottery (or marries some rich sucker)? What happens if you have another kid? What happens if she has another kid? Lots of potential holes here.

7) Child support, how is it calculated? How is it updated? Does it just give this years numbers or do you have a method to adjust in the future? If you don't, that's a hole.

8) What happens if you die? what happens if she dies? If the agreement doesn't specify the result, that's a hole.

Remember, the agreement is there when your ex is not cooperating. If your ex is cooperating then you don't need an agreement. Imagine that your ex is trying to actively sabotage you and your child, and make sure that your agreement protects you.

Comment

every single thing you can imagine.

You will need a clause to protect you about every child's document, health card, birth certificate, passport, travel consents, right to information, right of first refusal , etc. S7 expenses,

Those are just some I can think of.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I realize not matter how hard to try to set out a perfect order there will be holes.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X