• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Ignore The Real Terrorists!

Dont Ignore The Real Terrorists!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0FR...eature=related

lv

Thankyou LV for the wonderful clip

I just finished looking at it.I was into tears thinking about my famil of three instead of four.

Comment

My situation is relatively new and I am very lucky that I have my son with me. I am even happier that the decision to leave my son in my custody was made purely with keeping my son's best interests in mind. All the issues arose after the fact. My wife was condemned by all in her social circle, by some so called family counsellors and by some other government services providers for making that decision. Now she is all delusional and upset, and is going back to court to have the custody order reversed. I am pretty confident that she will not win and even if she does, she will do the same thing again i.e. return him to me. The reason because once her anger subsides, she knows my son is much better off being with me than with her.

I don't think its the family law alone is to blamed here. Among other things that I felt bad for my wife was privacy law. It's absolutely appalling that my son's mother needs my consent to get information from the source about her own child just because she is not living with him. Yes, I have the power but do I really is the use of/need for this power?

Our whole society is biased when comes to parenting. The general concept is if a mother has the custody, the father is not a good parent. And, if a father has the custody then he had forced the mother somehow to get the custody. Try to make a joke about it at your work that parenting is only moms' responsibility, they will all stand up and beat you up and say that it equal responsibility of dads too. But then the same women, when they go to court, they claim that men are just not up to the job. My own closest friends, except for those who have seen me inside the house, don't believe me when I tell them that I was the primary caregiver for my child.

The question is, how do you change a system without changing the people within who created the system at first place?

Comment

singledad99,

as you mentioned:

I don't think its the family law alone is to blamed here. Among other things that I felt bad for my wife was privacy law. It's absolutely appalling that my son's mother needs my consent to get information from the source about her own child just because she is not living with him. Yes, I have the power but do I really is the use of/need for this power?
        The law provides that unless the court orders otherwise; both parents have an equal entitlement to information bearing on the health, welfare and education of the child. The other parent does need your consent.

See Section 16(5) of the Federal Divorce Act for married parents:

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc...chorbo-ga:s_15

Access

(5) Unless the court orders otherwise, a spouse who is granted access to a child of the marriage has the right to make inquiries, and to be given information, as to the health, education and welfare of the child.
        -and-

Sections 20(4) and 20(5) of the Provicial Statute provides:

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sta...c12_e.htm#BK23

Where parents separate

(4) Where the parents of a child live separate and apart and the child lives with one of them with the consent, implied consent or acquiescence of the other of them, the right of the other to exercise the entitlement of custody and the incidents of custody, but not the entitlement to access, is suspended until a separation agreement or order otherwise provides. R.S.O. 1990, c. C.12, s. 20 (4).

Access

(5) The entitlement to access to a child includes the right to visit with and be visited by the child and the same right as a parent to make inquiries and to be given information as to the health, education and welfare of the child. R.S.O. 1990, c. C.12, s. 20 (5).
        lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X