No announcement yet.

Step parent rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All families are different, my step son, has voiced his wanting me to be at appointments, and upset this bio dad does not want to be involved in his treatment, when son asks bio dad to be present his response is I don’t like those people, and does not want his son to resent him.
    Unfortunately bio dad does not think son has any mental health problems, as he only has him for 24 hours eow, bio dad has ability to have both kids longer but chooses not to, bio dad has not gotten in contact with daughters school in over 5 years, it’s unfortunate so many dad try to be involved and moms won’t let them, but also so many dads don’t try to be apart of the kids lives.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
      And his buddys are probably telling him she just wants to show up on this simple just a check up appointment on YOUR TIME with your girlfriend just to be a cunt.

Read anges posts. Her ex has done everything he can to stop paying child support, not see his kids and refuse permission for his kids to do anything they enjoy. Before you go throwing around unnecessary statements that make little sense, read the posters background.

Comment

You obviously didn’t read her posts. The appt is on her time. She advised him out of courtesy and he insists on attending.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          You obviously didn’t read her posts. The appt is on her time. She advised him out of courtesy and he insists on attending.

While youngdad’s post did make me lol, he actually is correct that this appointment is on dad’s time. However, this is the FIRST appointment dad has ever scheduled since the children were born and it comes out of the blue as both kids are healthy and fine. You’re damn right I am going to be there - this is the dad who arbitrarily took our son off a medication with no consultation with me prior. He’s also the same guy who disregarded doctor’s advice and sent our kid to a 2 day sports event when he was recovering from a pretty serious illness earlier this year. I don’t trust him at all. I want to be there to represent the kids’ best interests from my perspective just as he is entitled to do the same. Sorry youngdad if you view that as “controlling”. I view it as smart and necessary and in the best interests of my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Then I apologize for making the comment it wasn’t on his time.

Youngdad, I call it the way I see it. Just as I would call your ex a controlling bitch for denying you access to your child. It has nothing to do with the person being male or female and everything to do with their continued behaviour.

Comment

I did not allow my ex’s gf in a school meeting. As when she is in there she does all the talking. I want dad to talk and ask questions. Kids see them EOW. And in my opinion it should be dad learning and hearing what he needs to do for the kids. She was allowed in once. And she completely undermined me the parent with sole custody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
                You know - re looking at your situation it is actually similar to mine - but not as bad - she doesn't even tell me about appointments until after the fact! I have to keep in regular contact with the professionals and ask for their records to be kept "up to date" with everything.
                Perhaps check out "Our Family Wizard" software. It is designed for parents like you who have dysfunctional relationships.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X