No announcement yet.

other parent sending weekend bag to school with child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get some clothes for your house. Take kid shopping to do so. Tell ex no bag needed.

Comment

Totally agree with Rocksan. Buy your child their own clothes, toothbrush, toiletries, etc to keep at your house. Make it a fun shopping adventure. They’ll love it and their mom will have absolutely no say and no influence in the matter.

Comment

Tell the kid to leave the bag at school? Since she doesn't need any of what's in it, she may as well not lug it around.

Comment

What does the child want? Does the child care? the child should be able to take what they want back and forth between houses. If the child wants to bring the bag, then let her. If the child doesnt want the bag then leave it in the school locker. If the child wants 1 thing out of the bag, then bring the 1 thing.

I have never understood why parents get into such conflict over a bag of stuff. My ex tried to control stuff for awhile, eventually gave up.

Comment

IMO, that bag sends a message to the kid that they dont have 2 homes, but 1 home and a place to visit. I agree with everyone else, ditch the bag.

Comment

Will telling the EX that the bag is not needed change anything? Probably not. Will the EX experience a light bulb moment and realize she is being unreasonable? Probably never.

My EX does things like this all the time. I learned to ignore it and let the kids decide. Both my son and daughter often leave things at the school or at my place.

Just be ready for her demanding that X or Y item be returned, or sending your D to your place with a shopping list.

Comment

Don't forget Fluffy when considering all of this...

http://canlii.ca/t/gt08x

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                  Don't forget Fluffy when considering all of this...

http://canlii.ca/t/gt08x
                  HA! I love this case so much!

Comment

That is a really awlful case. If the father had just been nice then he probably wouldhave had joint custody instead mom having sole custody. Poor fluffy!
                    The judge has a sense of humor in his writing, and entertaining read unfortunatly for that little girl.

Comment

Originally posted by ensorcelled View Post
                      HA! I love this case so much!
                      Its so fluffy I am going to die.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X