Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, this thread doesn't end like many others...

Comment

Chen good advise to avoid being wrongly and groundlessly accused of domestic violence by our system in the event you have kids and decide to seperate - it's not uncommon for women to abuse this system.

My ex claimed to be too afraid and intimitaed of me to call the police for the alleged violence but was never afraid to call the police to allege harassment(no grounds- showed police the text to prove she started the conversation), to allege I was sending threats by text message (police found them to be text messages regarding access) and to say I went to her house telling her I was going to kill her when I went to serve her with case conference papers (police saw papers in my hand and no charges laid).

I know this is going to upset a lot of women but as stated above women abuse the system all the time - I have experienced this first hand and am ultimately a victim.

Chens comment did not say anything about rape. But now that someone brought up rape .. that sort of reminds me of all those women that accused Ghomeshi of raping them.. meanwhile they're emailing him bicini oictures.. LOL

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3429429

Note: I am in no way shape or form suggesting all women lie. There are abusive men out there and there are true victims. What I am saying is that there are also many jilted women who abuse this system as a way of revenge.
      Last edited by trinton; 05-11-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Thread is about resourcefulness of women many years ago ... no internet... no go-fund-me.

Men whine there are no shelters for them. Well what have the men been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a woman to get things accomplished.

Comment

So... An article is pointed out, about how one woman identified an issue, how domestic violence against women wasn't being taken seriously. To the point that when assaulted in her own home, the police tell the woman to behave.

She decides she wants to do something about it, and gets a group of other woman together, and they go on to create a womans shelter, an idea which has since spread to every other major city in the country, and likely contributed a great deal to identifying domestic violence as a larger issue, and having it taken very seriously today.

The response of several men on this forum, is to then whine and complain that men have these problems too, and its not fair that they don't have the same resources.... Congratulations on completely missing the point of the OP's post, however since its been derailed anyways... Ironically its lost on them that the stories posted about the experiences of their friends are rather similar in how they were received by the authorities, to that of a story in the article.

It only took 11 women to found that first shelter as pointed out in the article. So if you truly believe its such an issue, get off your asses, quit whining on internet forums about how its not fair, and follow in their footsteps. Finding another 10 like minded men shouldn't be difficult. The tools and resources available to you are leaps and bounds better than what they had access to, so it shouldn't be an issue for you to accomplish at least as much as they did.

Further, lets not pretend that men are somehow better than woman, and that no man would abuse those systems if he could get the same results as the occasional woman who does, in order to get an upper hand in custody battles. Given equal resources, both sexes will be just as horrible to each other in pursuit of their own selfish agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            Men whine there are no shelters for them. Well what have the men been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a woman to get things accomplished.
            Women whine that there is a wage gap, but what have women been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a man to get things accomplished.

Comment

Perhaps Janus would like to start a thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                Women whine that there is a wage gap, but what have women been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a man to get things accomplished.

Raising your children

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it just saddens me that our system polarizes and makes us men and women so against each other.. apparantly in the best interests of the children.
                  Last edited by trinton; 05-11-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Please keep your comments on topic, or they will be deleted. If you want to talk about a different topic, start a new thread.
                    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                      Raising your children
                      My response was obviously facetious. Arabian made a very sexist comment, and I just used her words and changed the direction of the sexism. Misandry is just as wrong as misogyny.

That fact that Arabian (and presumably you) found my comments bothersome indicates that I was probably right that Arabian's initial comment was not acceptable.

For posterity...

Originally posted by Arabian the Sexist Pig
                      Originally posted by Janus the Sketchy Switcherooer
                      I don't get the "start a new thread" comment from Arabian at all, maybe I missed something?

Anyhow, I won't post any more on this thread, given that Jeff has stepped in.

Comment

Boys Vs. Girls? How old are we? Geez!

Abuse is GENDERLESS!!! Both can be victims.

Jeff himself started a thread not long back about women who sensationalize, brag and show off about abuse. It's a PROBLEM.

Arabian...men would LOVE to do more about it when they are abused. Often times they're just called wimps and the female gets the high fives for sucker punching her b/f in the bar. She's a hero afterwards. If a guy does it he loses his children, house and probably job after getting a record. I'm guessing that's why there's not many shelters for men .... very hard to come forward.

With either gender, it's so important to not keep it quiet. Patterns need to be developed and illustrated for the law to act on the abuse and for more services to be offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Soiled View Post
                          The response of several men on this forum, is to then whine and complain that men have these problems too
                          We're discussing shelters, how they evolved, and possible reasons that men don't have the same resources. It's a pretty good discussion about serious issues. What's your problem?
                          Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-12-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I think it's important to point out that the men here aren't "whining" but simply extending the topic.

We're all grateful for the "shelter movement" for females. It stopped a lot of abuse and probably saved lives and improved lives of children. I personally enjoyed the article.

But to say men are "whining" by elaborating the discussion is just instigating trouble .. for no reason. It's relevant, interesting and very current.

The owner of the site started a thread about women who brag about domestic violence here:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...iolence-20767/

I for one don't think that he was just "whining" by not being out protesting or starting organizations to prevent it . I think it was an interesting topic dealing with current issues.

Soiled .. we're allowed to discuss things here as long as it's relevant to the thread without being called names because we're not out protesting with signs.

Calling all the men who elaborated maturely on the topic in a relevant manner was very combative and unnecessary.

Comment

Wanna know something about 70 percent of these victim of domestic violence cases initiated by women who have children?

Divorce is almost never a simple process, and the introduction of protection orders or allegations of abuse instantly increase the complexity of the case, particularly for the purported offender.

While meant to act as a safety mechanism in cases where domestic violence is present, the ease of obtaining an order of protection and the instant benefits it provides the alleging party has created a system ripe for abuse. In fact, up to 70 percent of cases involving allegations of abuse during custody disputes are deemed unnecessary or false.

Clearly, protection orders that are meant to offer protection for those in serious situations are now being used as a weapon to turn the tide in divorce; a weapon that overwhelming targets men.
                              False Allegations of Abuse Target Men in Divorce | HuffPost
                              Last edited by trinton; 05-12-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

So you choose to disregard everything I stated and instead focus on complaining about how combative my usage of the word whining is? Indeed, highly mature discussion you are having, full of rich enlightening debate.

I won't bother to continue with this one any further. Besides, I just received a PM thanking me for my posts and validating everything I've said!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X