This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basket Motions

I recently received a Motion form 14b from my ex's lawyers admin assistant.

A month ago she asked me to withdraw my application to which I refused due to some open issues.

We don't have a final separation agreement yet we drafted one with lawyers.

I went to the courthouse to talk to a lawyer for some advice. I went down to where you submit paperwork and asked when the motion was filed, to my surprise it was not.

Was was going to submit an afadavit to reply to their motion but nothing was there so I prepared one but did not submit.

Not sure how long basket motion take to process but dont they have to notify me of when they submit their paperwork?

I think this was just a cheap shot before Christmas.

How would one reply to such stuff?

You received a 14b without a 14? They go hand in hand. Your situation only makes me want to know more....

* When did you receive it? You only say recently
    * Why do you say "from the assistant"
    * How was it delivered? Mail/ in person etc.
    * What, if any, is the date noted on the form (hearing date)
    * Who signed it?

Don't sweat anything yet. Quite frankly, this is perplexing. But without a 14, which is the notice of motion to the courts, whereby a date is requested, I can't imagine anything coming of this. Whatever you do, keep the document. If what you say is true, it should be interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three View Post
      You received a 14b without a 14? They go hand in hand. Your situation only makes me want to know more....

* When did you receive it? You only say recently

In the mail a few days ago.

* Why do you say "from the assistant"

Because she completed the paperwork informing the court that she asked me to withdraw my application and I refused. They feel there aren;t any open issues.

* How was it delivered? Mail/ in person etc.

Mail

* What, if any, is the date noted on the form (hearing date)

No date, on the form it states they want to reply on the written materials provided.

* Who signed it?

No one signed it.

Very bizzare

Don't sweat anything yet. Quite frankly, this is perplexing. But without a 14, which is the notice of motion to the courts, whereby a date is requested, I can't imagine anything coming of this. Whatever you do, keep the document. If what you say is true, it should be interesting!

Not overly worried just a cheap scare tactic maybe?

I am self represented so cost me nothing but a bit of time.
      Seems her lawyer is just a money vaccuum!

Happy Holidays!

Comment

You are assuming its a tactic (which it may be). Without answers to the questions, you can't assume this, nor can you get advice from the fellows on the forum. Help me/others out here please!

Comment

i did answer, go back and look in the quoted section.

Comment

My apologies - I was reading this on my blackberry and that did not come up! Let me think about this one. I cannot understand..... yet.

The fact you have no date is impt - you have no reason to respond yet!

Comment

What is a basket motion? Is it a motion without consent?

Comment

A motion where it relies on written material only and you do not even go to court.

Comment

thank you technodaddy

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X