X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My introduction

Before my posts get confusing

My name - beentheredonethis...

I was divorced a few years back, it was messy in the sense that my EH was challenging, never showed up for court, never filed papers, didn't adhere to court orders...I ended up in an uncontested trial, obtaining sole custody of the children, and the ability to sell my home, and rental property without his input. He pays no child support, and was never ordered to do so.

I am back here again, as my new spouse is in court (self repping - we have not the money for a lawyer) with a rather bitter ex CL spouse who seems to be having trouble letting go of a few things (4 years after separation she wants spousal, sole custody (kids are older...like 17 almost 18) anyways. It's a drain.

Looking for bits of advice here and there as I learned a great deal during my case (and spent an insane amount of money in 11 months!), and trained as a law clerk, so understand the basic ins and outs of family law (and it would appear sometimes better than the ex CL's lawyer!).

So that's my intro
    A lot of great advice on this forum!

Welcome! And sorry to hear you are back

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I am not a fan of dealing with all of this and do find it challenging at times. But such is the life of marrying someone with an ex!

Comment

Welcome! Your situation sounds eerily like my own. Fortunately, my first go at this wasn't too bad, after an initial period of rockiness we got most things sorted out between us. Now we are going through court with his ex CL. There is a lot to take in on this forum. There has been a wealth of information, and also getting to see so many perspectives and experiences has been very educational. Good luck in your endeavors!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X