Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 PM

mummer1962 is on a distinguished road
Default bio dad dumping work

Need advice here, bio dad, respondent had decided to retire from the reserves using this court case as an excuse. What should I do if anything?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Not much. He's allowed to retire if he chooses to, you can't force him to work forever.

HOWEVER, if he's capable of making a decent wage, he should be, OR his income should be imputted to a level that his skills, training and education would allow in your area.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:09 AM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Should he be forced into working for a 'decent wage' after retirement age to satisfy CS demands of his ex?

Really?
How 'right' is that?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 AM

46 is usually not retirement age and i could care less if he retires or not...just not as a mechanism of not paying for university fees. and btw...the money i am fighting for goes to his daughter directly, not me!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 PM

stepmom2 is on a distinguished road

He's only retiring from a part time job and that's his right to do after 30 years. It's none of your business and it has nothing to do with any child support issues. Why can't you just leave him alone.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 AM

Oh there you are Susan....the new wife of Respondent...I would be happy to leave him alone if he were man enough to take care of his children without having to be dragged in court. I left him alone for ten years when he chose not to be part of his daughters life and contributed peanuts that i had to fight for in court...and I told him when he finally wanted to be part of her life that it was not a revolving door...now that she has again become an inconvenience because of university expenses..i am not going to walk away. Aren't you supposed to be busy getting your daughter ready for boot camp?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 AM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

You need to edit that post out. Revealing people's identity and posting their real info ie: names etc is typically against TOS and just plain bad form.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:10 AM

billm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummer1962 View Post
Oh there you are Susan....the new wife of Respondent...I would be happy to leave him alone if he were man enough to take care of his children without having to be dragged in court. I left him alone for ten years when he chose not to be part of his daughters life and contributed peanuts that i had to fight for in court...and I told him when he finally wanted to be part of her life that it was not a revolving door...now that she has again become an inconvenience because of university expenses..i am not going to walk away. Aren't you supposed to be busy getting your daughter ready for boot camp?
Hey mummer1962 in reading your posts I find you to be a spiteful and unreasonable person.

The most glaring example of this was when you identified the first name of your child's fathers wife, yet at the same time hide your own name (as most of us do).

I suspect nothing will change your attitude in this and I believe that you are a liar as suggested by stepmom2.

You are probably causing your daughter harm with your attitude with respect to her father.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:11 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Should he be forced into working for a 'decent wage' after retirement age to satisfy CS demands of his ex? Really? How 'right' is that?
Typically military retirements are NOT at 65....they occur much much earlier. If he retired earlier than normal (and receives less of a pension for it), then he does have an obligation to support his child and is expected to do so.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:18 PM

You are right, I should not have lowered myself to their level. How do i edit the post.
Closed Thread