Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:59 PM

nick2009 is on a distinguished road
Default court interpreter (English / Mandrin)- how to apply for it

Hello, all

my case conference at supreme court of justice at downtown Toronto on jan 27, 2010.

i probably need an interpreter (English and Mandrin) because i am not confident with my English understanding skill to properly communicate at the court, especially when facing some legal terms. I do not know and i want to have some basic information about how to find an interpreter, how to inform the court about the interpreter, what the legal procedure should be taken accordingly. my wife got a free interpreter at the OLD case conference. then how I get one for free.
anyone has experience or suggestions for that, would you please give me some ideas how to deal with it. or website related to it. if there is no free one, then what is the cost or rate roughly for an interpreter.

thank you
xiaojun tang
jan 6, 2010
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 AM

metro is on a distinguished road

I asked about this at the family court for my case, but I was told they won't arrange it and I would have to arrange/pay if I need. Your wife might have got one from other organizations who help immigrant/woman...? I am interested in if there are any services like that in T.O.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:13 PM

nick2009 is on a distinguished road

to metro,

thank you for your response,

my wife got legal aid from goverment, so she has nothing to worry, everything for her is free.

i called the lawyer i hired last summer, he told me a website=abletranslations.com, i read this website, but i have not contacted them. so i do not have further information. it seems that i have to pay by myself for the court interpreter.

however, i do not know how to follow the right procedure to contact the court and let the court know who will be my interpreter in the case conferencem etc.

again, if anyone knew it, please give a help.

as long as i know, i will let you (metro) know.

Closed Thread