Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-11-2021, 12:25 PM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
He can claim occupational rent if the cost goes up above what he may owe as spousal. Remember that entitlement hasn�t been determined and this is one more way you will have to pay him back if digging in is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I am concerned about. Recent rentals for similar housing on my street is more than the mortgage payment on the house.

My lawyer says I will be entitled to spousal but it won't be as long as I wanted since it's been almost 6 years of separation and we were married and lived together for almost 12. I will definitely get child support as long as my ex doesn't brain wash the children to want to spend more time with him.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
It would mean he makes poor financial decisions, not much more. Choosing to pay more for mortgage is his choice so shouldn't affect you. I think it'll come down to the items he's paying for rather than every nickel and dime.

You're not paying, so it's hard to use against you. If you were paying the mortgage, you could go to court to force your ex to renew but that's all on him.

~ 😬 smiling and nodding
The mortgage has both our names so I can't renew with out him. I think he wants me to take him to court because he will be able to request for the sale of the house. My lawyer advised me will fight for me but he's positive a judge will force a sale especially since its been so long.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:37 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ex is getting a discount and certainly doesn't mind the delay.
You are assuming this. He has been paying for longer than he should have and was locked out of his house.

Quote:
Let the stance you take follow the rules and get rid of emotion. Then you don't have to make things up or provide mind-blowing disservice with every post.
Im not making things up or doing a disservice. Giving OP false hope is stupid and for those coming here in the future, also clouds the issue.

The bottom line is, OP is looking for whatever excuse possible to avoid the inevitable which is that she is not entitled to stay in a house she cant afford and receive money she isnt entitled to.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:42 PM

StillPaying is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You are assuming this.
No. I'm basing it on the numbers and info provided. To come to any other conclusion would actually be assuming. Stop making stuff up.

Quote:
He has been paying for longer than he should have and was locked out of his house.
He left the house and hes only paid 5 out of 6 to 12 years. Stop making stuff up.

Quote:
The bottom line is, OP is looking for whatever excuse possible to avoid the inevitable which is that she is not entitled to stay in a house she can�t afford and receive money she isn�t entitled to.
Spoken with true fairy tale emotional reasoning.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:06 PM

My lawyer told me I'm going to have a hard time arguing for compensatory spousal support. My ex nearly doubled his income from separation till now but since it has been so long the courts expect me to be more self sufficient since I'm still relatively young. Is this true? I am turning 40 this year.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
No. I'm basing it on the numbers and info provided. To come to any other conclusion would actually be assuming. Stop making stuff up.

He left the house and hes only paid 5 out of 6 to 12 years. Stop making stuff up.

Spoken with true fairy tale emotional reasoning.
Isn't spousal support only supposed to about 50% of the length of marriage? My lawyer told me I'm coming close to the end.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:22 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
My lawyer told me I'm going to have a hard time arguing for compensatory spousal support. My ex nearly doubled his income from separation till now but since it has been so long the courts expect me to be more self sufficient since I'm still relatively young. Is this true? I am turning 40 this year.
honestly- this sounds so troll like to me. anyone else?
Old 05-11-2021, 05:24 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Also- here's a question.

If OP's ex indicates to the Mortgage company that he is separating and the house is a point of contention- or subject to litigation. What happens if mortgage company refuses to renew?
Old 05-11-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
You are basing it on what OP has said which is probably incorrect based on her emotion and sense of entitlement. As you see from her two new posts, his income increase was AFTER separation not during.

Quote:
He was paying all the expenses, 100% of section 7 and child support for four years with 50/50. Plus she states his income increase was after separation not during the marriage. Again, there is no proof she is entitled to a certain amount past the five years.

Remember this is a person who quit a 150k a year job to open her own business, is paying her new bf so he can pay his child support, has had all her (and the kids) expenses paid for almost five years now and has just admitted her lawyer said shes reached the end of her entitlement. Blowing smoke up her ass is only going to prolong this and cost more money in legal fees.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
honestly- this sounds so troll like to me. anyone else?

It would if I didnt know a lot of women in the GTA who have this sense of entitlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk