being denied travel and vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
    So as it stands he did finally go and sign the papers before the deadline I gave him passed. He was not happy about it and my daughter still has some reservations about sharing her enthusiasm about the trip with him. But her and I are relieved now that we WILL be going!!
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I will remember to take my court orders along just in case of problems at the border
    Perhaps your ex was pissed because "your boyfriend" will be going on the trip also, and getting to spend the birthday with your daughter instead of him (the bio dad)? Hopefully that is not the case, because Karma will then play a role on the other end (the mentioned nasty custody battle)

Oh...don't forget to let her skype / call him as you mentioned previously, and I guess moving forward you won't go and book things knowing what kind of headache it might cause in the future?

Am sure the young lady will have a blast, everyone does when they go to Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by childfocused View Post
      Perhaps your ex was pissed because "your boyfriend" will be going on the trip also, and getting to spend the birthday with your daughter instead of him (the bio dad)? Hopefully that is not the case, because Karma will then play a role on the other end (the mentioned nasty custody battle)

Oh...don't forget to let her skype / call him as you mentioned previously, and I guess moving forward you won't go and book things knowing what kind of headache it might cause in the future?

Am sure the young lady will have a blast, everyone does when they go to Disney.
      So she's supposed to never ever use the vacation time allocated in her separation agreement, which she planned and booked according to the separation agreement, just in case he later retracts his consent??

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
        So she's supposed to never ever use the vacation time allocated in her separation agreement, which she planned and booked according to the separation agreement, just in case he later retracts his consent??
        I think (hope) childfocused meant planning trips taking into consideration things like the childs birthday etc. Making sure the child is available physically for the other parent during special days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post

I don't think you or I, are privy to the actual wording of the separation agreement....do you agree? If it's a kid's bday in most cases, that day is usually spent with both parents being there because it's the kid's bday

As mentioned here, the OP incorporated the bday into the trip based on alleged verbal agreement (read: not in writing i.e. hearsay)

Comment

Originally posted by childfocused View Post
            I don't think you or I, are privy to the actual wording of the separation agreement....do you agree? If it's a kid's bday in most cases, that day is usually spent with both parents being there because it's the kid's bday

As mentioned here, the OP incorporated the bday into the trip based on alleged verbal agreement (read: not in writing i.e. hearsay)
            This ^^ is inaccurate. Most separation agreements and parenting plans I've seen (and I've seen hundreds), leave the child's birthday to follow the regular schedule. In fact, even the sample SA you posted when you were using the username FWB does not divide the child's birthday.

In addition, the OP had consent in writing - via text. This trip was planned for her scheduled parenting time, which she had properly provided notice of, pursuant to their court order.

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
            I see that there are STILL trolls on this site trying to make everyone as miserable as they are.
            We let some continue to hang around, purely for the entertainment value.

Have fun on your trip!
            Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

-----deleted----
              Last edited by mcdreamy; 08-03-2014, 11:20 AM. Reason: eta: old habits

Comment

--- silence again perhaps? your choice --
                Last edited by mcdreamy; 08-03-2014, 12:41 PM. Reason: eta:

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                  This ^^ is inaccurate. Most separation agreements and parenting plans I've seen (and I've seen hundreds), leave the child's birthday to follow the regular schedule. In fact, even the sample SA you posted when you were using the username FWB does not divide the child's birthday.
                  OINK!!!!

Comment

Thanks for taking care of this mcdreamy.

childfocused - banned again - I can't even begin to count how many times you've been banned.

Unfortunately, he uses what appears to be shared IP addresses for the DND, so I can't block them without blocking everyone at the DND.
                    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Thanks Jeff & Mcdreamy.

Good to see our tax dollars hard at work these days :-/

Comment

So childfocused = FWB = Oink = someone in the Department of National Defence (with lots of time on his/her hands)?? Now that's scary.

Comment

My ex sent me a thousand emails in an readable format before trial saying. If I don't oppose wittin. 10 days. They. Will assumed to be true

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X