Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:13 PM

amIscrewed is on a distinguished road
Default Case Conference confusion

Hey everyone. I have tried searching on this forum and other places online, and just can't seem to find a clear answer( if there is one!). I am the repondent and there is a CC scheduled for May 28th. Because of the holiday next week, I unfortunately have a very short turn around time frame. I am trying to get my brief ready now, and will make any changes that I need to when I recieve her brief. My question is, how much evidence do I include in this brief? what I mean is, do I provide my medical reports to support my claim at this time? Also, I have alot of emails, texts, and pictures that would be very harmfull to her case if it goes to trial. I guess I feel that I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet , so to speak. But these same documents would support many of my claims. I sent an offer to settle to her lawyer a few weeks ago, and after no responce after 2 weeks, the day I put a deadline on it, I called her lawyer. He actually said to me that he didn't know what I was referring to as he had not seen it, but would have his assitant call me back. A few minutes later, his clerk called me back to say the offer was refused and a CC date was set. This completely shocked me that her lawyer would not even look at the offer! Do I bring this up in my brief as well? This is so frustrating to do without a lawyer as I cannot afford one, but she has one of the highest priced lawyers in town!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 PM

kevindell is on a distinguished road

I was told to be nice in mine and make sure to show I was working on solutions. Evidence was only supposed to be spoken about in the broadest of terms. Cannot tell you if it worked or not cause I have no clue if the judge ever looked at it. As I posted elsewhere, my STBX did not file one and that did not matter.
Closed Thread