Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 AM

karmaseeker is on a distinguished road

Fair play to you on NOT EVER giving up! Every time a man like you refuses to settle for anything less then what is truely in the best interest of the children a precedent is set for others. You are truly a strong and courageous man and your should be honoured for your bravery at sticking at fighting for justice!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 AM

SillyMe is on a distinguished road

That little statement the judge makes at the end is the most important...take heed!...and, Way to go brother! Being pumped up so long though, don't worry...there always follows a crash. I would be worried if you didn't have one...be kind to yourself and take the time for same.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:51 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post
Fair play to you on NOT EVER giving up! Every time a man like you refuses to settle for anything less then what is truely in the best interest of the children a precedent is set for others. You are truly a strong and courageous man and your should be honoured for your bravery at sticking at fighting for justice!
that actually what I said at the end of my submission. I said at the end I would like to say something to the court what probably no one ever said before...

1. I came here for little one as a child to protect his rights to have a father who want to be in his life.

2. I came here for him as future father as I do believe that every father who stood up for their kids add one drop to that bucked of water what eventually change the situation what we have here in Canada

3. I came here for me as I still do believe in justice and that what was promised to me by Canada when I came here...

It's not exactly words of course but very close...

so will see. did I do enough... I always feel that I can do a lot better... and probably do it in 8 days not 16. Anyway have to wait and see... now it for sure nothing I can do - just relax and enjoy full weekends with overnights with little one...
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
try to put an honest potrail of what is happening so I can get good solid advice and comments which for the most part is what this forum is about.
Lol...I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what a "potrail" was before I realized you meant "portrayal"...I almost huffed my coffee laughing.

Thanks, I needed that this morning.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road

Hope the good news is delivered soon...
Old 10-22-2011, 11:18 PM

emmalinda is on a distinguished road

@ workingdad

We're in the same boat. I also waiting for the decision of the judge.Done my trial Last Oct.11 hopefully it will come out soon. No access and custody. Just equalization of property, lump sum spousal support. I am self represented and I am proud to say that the judge appreciated my very nice trial record and being organized.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalinda View Post
@ workingdad

We're in the same boat. I also waiting for the decision of the judge.Done my trial Last Oct.11 hopefully it will come out soon. No access and custody. Just equalization of property, lump sum spousal support. I am self represented and I am proud to say that the judge appreciated my very nice trial record and being organized.
Yea
from my experience most of the time judges appreciated people who come prepared and not expect judge to do all work.

especially when on other side lawyer paid $250/h without any clue what he is doing ...
Old 10-24-2011, 10:08 AM

TLCRN is on a distinguished road

WorkingDad: Congratulations, and hope everything turns out well in the end! As you probably know from reading posts from members who have been to trial, it's never totally over and whatever happens do not give up!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCRN View Post
WorkingDad: Congratulations, and hope everything turns out well in the end! As you probably know from reading posts from members who have been to trial, it's never totally over and whatever happens do not give up!
thank you
well, I would consider it over when kid will grow up... but still trial is a big step at least from my understanding ...
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 AM

TLCRN is on a distinguished road

Trial is a big step...and your are right, it's over when the kids are grown up, working and on their own... I am only saying this as Court Orders from our trial are NOT being complied with, which is another story, another post....
Time goes by so fast and children grow so fast to quickly; enjoy your time with your children, making it quality time!
Closed Thread