Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Epona -- I have to agree a bit with what Canadamama said actually. I find a lot of the posts here have ridiculously misogynistic tendencies. A lot of nonsense about how the courts are anti-father, women who only want money, etc etc. To counter it, I read a divorced woman's forum that is full of rants about cheating men who leave their poor wives...who never did anything but take care of them...for younger women with huge boobs. Reading it kinda evens me out after I come here....lol.

My experience so far with the court system is that they very much care about both parents having access to the child...that theme is constantly mentioned. They really don't tolerate either parent bashing the other and/or bashing their contributions to the raising of the children.

That being said..they do pay attention to the status quo of the parent who has done the majority of the child rearing up to that point. Often..because of gender roles...it simply turns out to be the woman and the court's position is to keep things "the same" as much as possible to minimize trauma to the children.

I find the bitterness towards one gender or another very distasteful. It cripples your ability to move forward in life and have normal relationships with new partners. I will never engage in that behavior. I dislike my stbx husband for various reasons...but he's not "every" man and I don't have the right to criticize his relationship with his children even though its different from mine so long he does things which demonstrate that he has their best interest at heart.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadamama View Post
Mummer1962 - why are you wasting your time here?

Nobody will EVER acknowledge on this forum that a parent is doing wrong by withholding money from their kids. Give it up. There is tons of sympathy here for parents who are struggling to make ends meet because of child/spousal support payments, but not for parents who are struggling because parents are refusing to make those payments. Parents who take the position that they shouldn't ask for support from their exes are celebrated on this forum, and parents who do expect support are portrayed as looking for handouts.

That is not going to change, so you might as well let it go.
Fixed.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:00 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

Oh come on Blink, give it up.

You're never going to teach them how to say in any sort of politically correct way, that FATHERS should just donate, pay up, and shut up.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Quite possibly, KS, but I know it drives them bonkers to have the truth in their faces allllll the time
Old 06-16-2011, 03:08 PM

"THE TRUTH! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

More fathers shoud be like Arnold.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:23 PM

What....prolific breeders?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:38 PM

hahaha - didn't think of that ... but the daughter did work on a horse farm ...

no, more like, diddle and pay ... diddle and pay ... diddle and pay ....
Old 06-16-2011, 07:28 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadamama View Post
Mummer1962 - why are you wasting your time here?

Nobody will EVER acknowledge on this forum that a father is doing wrong by withholding money from his kids. Give it up. There is tons of sympathy here for men who are struggling to make ends meet because of child/spousal support payments, but not for women who are struggling because men are refusing to make those payments. Women who take the position that they shouldn't ask for support from their exes are celebrated on this forum, and women who do expect support are portrayed as looking for handouts.

That is not going to change, so you might as well let it go.
Heh heh heh heh heh (sniff)

Bullshit.

Er... Cowshit.

Um, oh... er... Non-gender-specific-shit.

If you ever decide to take the time to do a little reading, you will discover that the majority of learned posters here don't care what gender a fellow poster is at all, nor do they have a problem with either women or men. What they DO have a problem with is people who wrap themselves in cloaks of righteousness while attempting to justify their abuse(s) of their children and the system.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that the majority of conflict discussed here involves custodial moms and paying dads: that's the majority situation out there. If dads were the majority CPs and moms NCPs, then we'd be listening to the dads whine about too little support and deadbeat moms, wah, wah, wah, quack, quack, quack.

It's simple statistics, not rocket surgery*

Cheers!

Gary

*thanks Blink
Closed Thread