Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:39 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
I am an entrepreneur at heart. Now that restrictions have been loosened my business should be making money soon. The business grants and loans helped keep me afloat and to pay myself and my bf a salary.
Ah yes so you depended on the Canadian taxpayer AND your ex to fund your lifestyle. Glad you spent someone elses money last year.

Quote:
We used to have a good high end standard of living. It's only fair maintains that standard so my kids and I are not living paycheque to paycheque. I need 20 to 25k a month and I'll settle. He is offering me 5k with 50% section 7 expenses split 50/50. The kids section 7 expenses are close to 200k a year. I would be in a deficit and go bankrupt.
USE TO HAVE are the key words there. You are now getting divorced which means you will not have the same standard of living and things WILL change. Your kids wont be living paycheque to paycheque, YOU will. And that is not your exs fault. As stated ad nauseam to you, your ex is not responsible for you anymore. He is responsible for the kids expenses in an offset situation. You are responsible for the other share. If your business is not doing well enough on its own then you need to get a new job. Thousands of dads out there HAVE to work to pay support and HAVE TO PAY according to their income. How is that different for you? Your kids are your responsibility too and if you cant afford their lifestyle then you need to make some hard decisions about what they participate in annually.

You are just demonstrating your spoiled, self entitled attitude and also how you will lose everything including what is actually fair in your situation.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:26 AM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You are just demonstrating your spoiled, self entitled attitude and also how you will lose everything including what is actually �fair� in your situation.
I am beginning to think that TrueBlue's situation is not real and its just somebody posting ridiculous posts for a ruse.

If this not a ruse, TrueBlue's lawyer clearly sees free money and is not advising his/her client.

TrueBlue: Have you filed and submitted your Financial Statement yet? If not, what are you waiting for? You are not the first person to separate where a house is involved. You cannot afford to buy out your ex, and your ex wants to renovate and sell the house. Your ex is moving forward. Wants to move forward with his life. A judge will have a field day with you and you will be liable for your ex's costs.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:29 AM

arbortrail22 is on a distinguished road

How are the kids section 7's almost 200k?
Old 06-22-2021, 09:50 AM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I need 20 to 25k a month and I'll settle.
No you don't. You are separated and have a boyfriend to help contribute to your livelihood, between the 2 of your salaries, you should be able to manage putting a roof over your heads, food on the table, clothes on your backs, and other miscellaneous expenditures within your budget. Note: Within the budget of your new reality, not former life with rich husband. You qualify for offset CS and a period of SS based on the duration of your marriage.

You do not need $25,000 per month. You would like it, but don't need it.

Quote:
He is offering me 5k
99% of people would bend over backwards for $5,000 per month. You can rent a nice place in Toronto for $3,500/month. And you have $1,500 leftover? Wow! That is great. That is more than enough for clothes and kids' share of food consumption. So it looks like your ex will continue to provide you with free housing.... must be nice.

Quote:
with 50% section 7 expenses split 50/50. The kids section 7 expenses are close to 200k a year.
Actually, section 7 expenditures are supposed to be split proportionate to your incomes. In your case, it would be that your ex pays like 90% of the expenditures. So if your kids dance class costs $500, he would pay $450 and you pay $50.

There is no way in heck that section 7 expenditures are $200k per year. If it is, it is completely uncalled for and can easily be scaled back. Either way, see my previous comment about it being proportionate to salary.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:16 AM

Alpinist is on a distinguished road

Your ex makes $500,000 per year and the kids have $200,000 per year in section 7 expenses that you split 50/50?! Something doesn't add up? Why don't you counter you want section 7 split according to income, also place a cap on the section 7 extracurriculars?
Old 06-22-2021, 12:24 PM

paris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
I am beginning to think that TrueBlue's situation is not real and its just somebody posting ridiculous posts for a ruse.
This is what I’ve been saying all along. Troll.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
This is what Ive been saying all along. Troll.

I disagree. There are a few indications of seriousness. Plus there are a lot of women out there who believe this bs about entitlement.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:12 PM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post

If this not a ruse, TrueBlue's lawyer clearly sees free money and is not advising his/her client.

TrueBlue: Have you filed and submitted your Financial Statement yet? If not, what are you waiting for? You are not the first person to separate where a house is involved. You cannot afford to buy out your ex, and your ex wants to renovate and sell the house. Your ex is moving forward. Wants to move forward with his life. A judge will have a field day with you and you will be liable for your ex's costs.
I provided my financial disclosure when I was unemployed and in the process of starting my own business. My ex's lawyer requested financial documents from my new business but I'm not comfortable giving it to him as then he will see how much my bf is making and will use it against me.

The matrimonial home is my home too. I have a trust claim and can prove I provided part of the down payment. My lawyer at the time advised it was fine for me to change the locks and lock him out. I didn't do anything illegal. He moved out.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:14 PM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
Your ex makes $500,000 per year and the kids have $200,000 per year in section 7 expenses that you split 50/50?! Something doesn't add up? Why don't you counter you want section 7 split according to income, also place a cap on the section 7 extracurriculars?
My ex has paid all section 7 expenses. It wasn't that high before but our second child started private school too, etc. He can afford it. He makes 700k to 900 year.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I provided my financial disclosure when I was unemployed and in the process of starting my own business. My ex's lawyer requested financial documents from my new business but I'm not comfortable giving it to him as then he will see how much my bf is making and will use it against me.

The matrimonial home is my home too. I have a trust claim and can prove I provided part of the down payment. My lawyer at the time advised it was fine for me to change the locks and lock him out. I didn't do anything illegal. He moved out.

It doesnt matter what you are comfortable with. If he said he wasnt comfortable giving disclosure because he doesnt want you to know his income would you accept that? Im sure the answer is no.

You chose to open a business and you also chose to pay your boyfriend a salary rather than take one yourself. You dont get to say no to disclosure because you made a bad decision.

As for your trust claim, its not as much as you want and it definitely isnt 25k a month.

Your kids will have to quit private school and some of their activities. If you cant afford them and he doesnt want to do them then its a no. Not to mention he isnt going to pay you spousal so you can afford expenses. Thats not how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk