Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:34 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You can call them to see if they have it.
Why is he under any obligation to do anything? If mom wants more money, let her go through the legwork of making that happen.

If (as you suggested) he deposits the extra funds into a special account every month, he will be fine when the big bill comes due.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:37 AM

StillPaying is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you paying the proper amount for cs, and why starting October?
It's without prejudice, so it's still a trial issue, does your ex think your income is more? What's the access schedule you have/are looking for?
Old 02-02-2021, 11:14 PM

Hopefundad is on a distinguished road

Hi StillPaying,
Sorry for late reply. Didn’t get any email notifications about your post.
Yes I am supposed to pay CS table amount starting October, and still waiting update from FRO.
And yes my income did go up and now working on offer to settle. I am not avoiding to pay CS based on the table. When my ex and I separated, I couldn’t afford a lawyer and honestly never thought about update my income on annually basis. My ex never bring up and ask for my income update until last year. She is asking CS back 10 years.
In regarding to offer to settle, do I just write an email to her lawyer to or I should file my offer to court. I would like to get the CS settled and focus on access issue in trial.
My schedule used to be every other weekend from Friday to Sunday. My ex filed motion to stop my access. I am still waiting for OCL final disclosure and hopefully my access would go back to every other weekend soon.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:31 PM

Make sure you follow the rules for offers; write it, sign it, and send to other party's lawyer.

What happened for your access to stop?
If your income was more when you just agreed to the cs amount, that won't look good on you. It looks like support and access will be trial issues for you. But you still have a long way to go.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:55 PM

Thanks StillPlaying.
I will make sure my offers following the rule.

What do you mean if I just agreed to the CS amount won’t look good? Do you mean arrear CS? I know that I am obligated to pay because my income is higher. Do you mind share what should I do?

For access, my ex claims that my kid doesn’t feel safe staying alone with me. OCL get involved, the clinician did the investigation and she doesn’t believe my access should stop. My ex is very good at manipulating and my kid listens/believes what she said. When I tried to explain to my kid what mom did to me, my ex said I talk bad about her. I am just trying to explain the truth. I am so lost and not sure what to do and How to deal with her lies. She is on legal aid and I spent all my money and get a loan to payoff my previous lawyer. My hope is all depends on OCL now. This is part of the reason I want to settle CS first and focus on access in trial.

I know everyone here have their stories and going thru lot of stresses. I am so glad to see people helping each other.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:22 PM

Provide full financial disclosure, calculate what the proper amount should be, and offer/pay that amount. If they don't believe the amount to be true, it'll be a trial issue regardless. But at least you'll be going in with cleaner hands.

When was the last time you had access? When it stopped, why wasn't an urgent motion brought right away? OCL will delay things, but may be necessary. Trial is what you need asap.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:15 AM

I already provided all the financial disclosure when we had the first conference back in last summer and I will based on my income to calculate the amount to settle.

Long story short, my ex didn't let me see my kid when COVID first started because my work requires travel all around the city. I demanded to see my kid and she filed an urgent motion to stop my access as she claims my kid doesn't feel safe alone with me. The judge at our last case conference gave me a temporary order to see my kid 3 hours in the community every other weekend. After the conference , I start to see my kid every 2 weeks for 3 hours and we hang out in the park. I still remember my kid run to me and asked me why I haven't go visit for so so long. My ex and I live 2 hours apart, it is very exhausting for long driving and stay in the cold for 3 hours. but at least I get to see my kid and spend time together.

OCL does slow the process down, but I hope the clinician can see the truth. We still do not know the date for disclosure conference yet. Do you know if judge will be present during OCL disclosure conference? if not, what is happen next?
Old 02-04-2021, 07:18 AM

Dad905 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefundad View Post
Do you know if judge will be present during OCL disclosure conference? if not, what is happen next?

No judge is present. Only the OCL, the parties and the lawyers.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:50 PM

Thanks Dad905.
My ex’s lawyer said they will wait for the OCL final disclosure and there is no active motions before court. I guess we will wait and see what’s happen next.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:18 PM

OCL will simply read their recommendations. Work with your ex right away at the end of the meeting to reinstate your access. If they're delaying, and assuming it's in your favour, book a motion right away once you get the actual OCL report.