Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 AM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Might be a good idea to get a proper statement of family property/assets/debts now (including house valuation, pension statements) - in case someone wants to reconsider the agreement later.

Also, include a statement that her share of property is being traded for CS obligations. That might help protect YOU from her coming back for her share.

Aside from money, I hope you will be ensuring your kid has an accurate expectation of how often their mom will be around - to avoid disappointment on their side, and so that you can organize your life and not be at the mercy of her whims.

At this point, your priority in dealing with her will be to maintain TRUST between yourselves. It is crucial. Every word you say ...

Last edited by dinkyface; 09-01-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Great advice Rioe! Also I believe there are one or two good 'sample sep-agreements' that can be found right here on this board.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 PM

Age Smies is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Age Smies

anyone saying things like I am doing god's work now is not talking with a rational mind. Please heed the advice given to your question.
Closed Thread