Mediation & Domestic Violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was a victim of mental abuse

In the settlement conference, and with an ability to start standing up for myself. I listened. He then put a good deal together. I accepted. Now I just have to wait if he is going to hold up to his word and I got a lawyer and the courts to do that and I am getting better.
    I can't wait for karma to hit him and his new partner in the ass. I lost everything including a friendship with my adult sons, but oh well. I am better off being alone than having them in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by atlanticcanadian View Post
      ...I am better off being alone than having them in my life.
      Hard to imagine

Comment

Trust me even harder to live with

Comment

i am a survivor of domestic violence, me and my 3 small children fled in 2007, by august 2010 my X was still doing things like sending me pictures of tombstones with caption 'smile, thinking of you';

calling her lawyer advisarial was also an understatement;

high conflict = yes, not a receipee for mediation - though i probably couldnt have done any worse than i did with a judge;

Comment

Jeff, There was a criminal conviction in my daughter's case, and we have been researching tort law for damages; however, we had to fire my daughter's lawyer as she seemed to be fighting more for the criminal spouse, and now we need to find a lawyer who will do tort law in our area. Nobody seems to want the case, as one lawyer put it, "I wouldn't touch your case with a 10 foot barge pole!" It is a very complicated case but we need a lawyer ASAP. If anyone reading this has suggestions, anything would be welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Manipulated View Post
              ...If anyone reading this has suggestions, anything would be welcome.

You should probably post a new thread if you want more visibility and answers, in the appropriate forum section, as this thread you replied to was last touched 7 years ago.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X