X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing of Seperation Agreement?

Two schools of thought here.

1. Get the seperation agreement on paper while spouse is in an agreeable mood.

2. Wait and hope that it will not be necessary as to not provoke the spouse from going forward. In other words, wait it out and see if other spouse 'cools' off.

So when it comes to timing, which fork in the road does one take?

I'm faced with the dilemma, that the possability of spouse cooling off may exist. Althought, at the moment it does not appear that way.

Hubby

It will most likely take some time to draft a separation agreement that you can both live with and most importantly agree too. I'd start now in the most amicable way, then if you do reconcile you can toss it.

Comment

But if you don't come up with a seperation agreement quick enough would this effect the statis quo?
      or is it because you voice your requests at the very beginning of the seperation in terms of access rights this will be tabled as what you wanted in the beginning an you are trying to work out the particulars?
      I guess in essence what I'm trying to say is if you voice you opinion in the seperation agreement requesting more access rights and she doesn't agree to the seperation agreement in this area would the court look at this as not doing anything or that you are trying to come up with some amicable conclusion to child access that she doesn't agree with and have it looked at by the courts knowing this is what you wanted all along.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X